Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 450 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Babygirl
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Yes it is but some people here are snobs so of course they’re gonna say how pedastrian she is or something like that. They just cannot fathom that J.Lo is gonna become a nominee while people like Emily Blunt, Donald Sutherland or Alan Rickman aren’t.

LOL! for Alan Rickman? get real!

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Lopez is getting nominated, but I need Dern to win this. She’s Hollywood royalty and long overdue. I will always have respect for actors who have it all from the beginning, but work their asses off because they are genuinely passionate about their profession. Between Big Little lies, The Tale and Marriage Story, Dern has turned in such sublime work recently. I will stan her throughout the entire season. What will really help is that the Globes LOVE her. And if she wins there, that could kick-start her sweep. I’m ready for it.

She should’ve received a nom for this last year. The noms for Best Actress should’ve been:

Sakura Ando
    Laura Dern
    Glenn Close
    Olivia Colman
    Rosamund Pike

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

She should’ve received a nom for this last year. The noms for Best Actress should’ve been:

Sakura Ando
    Laura Dern
    Glenn Close
    Olivia Colman
    Rosamund Pike

The Tale would have deserved a lot of nominations – including Picture and Director – but it wasn’t eligible. Dern was nominated for an Emmy, which was richly deserved.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Tale would have deserved a lot of nominations – including Picture and Director – but it wasn’t eligible. Dern was nominated for an Emmy, which was richly deserved.

And now the exact same thing is going to happen to Bad Education next year.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Omg the more you discuss about the fierce race this year, the more awkward I feel when it comes to our latest winner, Regina King.

Rachel Weisz should have won.

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

LOL! for Alan Rickman? get real!

Fuck you. Alan Rickman was an absolutely exceptional actor. He may not have appeared in too many Oscar friendly movies, but that doesn’t mean his incredible work wasn’t worthy. I personally would’ve voted for his performances in Die Hard and Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

C goes first, not D.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Omg the more you discuss about the fierce race this year, the more awkward I feel when it comes to our latest winner, Regina King.

Rachel Weisz should have won.

Maybe the Academy hopes Weisz books a competitive leading role to give her a 2nd Oscar?

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Comedy Oscar wins rarely justify themselves when the rival nominees in the category are dramatic. And we’re conditioned to value and take seriously someone making us sad or upset over someone making us grin, smile, and laugh.

To me, that makes comedy being rewarded so special. A great example is Kevin Kline winning for A Fish Called Wanda. That is a straight comedy performance. There’s no other way to interpret it. And yet, despite giving a performance that the Oscars usually don’t go for, in a movie that the Oscars usually don’t go for, he won, simply because he was just so freaking funny.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

To me, that makes comedy being rewarded so special. A great example is Kevin Kline winning for A Fish Called Wanda. That is a straight comedy performance. There’s no other way to interpret it. And yet, despite giving a performance that the Oscars usually don’t go for, in a movie that the Oscars usually don’t go for, he won, simply because he was just so freaking funny.

Do you think it was category fraud to have him in supporting or is Wanda a movie argumentatively for award bodies works as an ensemble where everybody is supporting?

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

My choice at this point is Margot Robbie. For me she is MVP in OUaTiH.

Now that’s a film fantasy I can sign up for.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Do you think it was category fraud to have him in supporting or is Wanda a movie argumentatively for award bodies works as an ensemble where everybody is supporting?

Not anymore of a fraud than it was for Geena Davis the same year lol.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I think Robbie is more likely to be nominated for Bombshell over Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I’ll be interested if she ends up splitting the vote though, because some people are going as far to say she is the heart and soul of OUaTiH and deserves a nomination, and others say she does nothing. Bombshell seems baitier for her but not likely a BP contender like OUaTiH.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.