Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 450 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Babygirl
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

C goes first, not D.

I put them in order of how I view their performances. Ando deserved the Oscar last year fight me hehehe

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Do you think it was category fraud to have him in supporting or is Wanda a movie argumentatively for award bodies works as an ensemble where everybody is supporting?

I call fraud. A Fish Called Wanda is a three-lead film.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I call fraud. A Fish Called Wanda is a three-lead film.

I got to rewatch Wanda, see how Kline’s role measures up compared to John Cleese and Jamie Lee Curtis’. I recall that Kline was nominated in lead at Bafta, where he lost to Cleese. A win that is almost certainly because Cleese is a beloved national treasure, since everyone seems to agree that Kline is the best performance in the film. Michael Palin also ended up winning in supporting at Bafta that year as well.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Oh, I haven’t watched her. I’m surprised you’ve put Colman so low.

Yeah. First of all, Colman’s a lead. Second of all, she was the best performance of that year, by far.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Fuck you. Alan Rickman was an absolutely exceptional actor. He may not have appeared in too many Oscar friendly movies, but that doesn’t mean his incredible work wasn’t worthy. I personally would’ve voted for his performances in Die Hard and Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Fuck myself for what? Including Alan Rickman in this conversation utterly irrelevant.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

My choice at this point is Margot Robbie. For me she is MVP in OUaTiH. Now that’s a film fantasy I can sign up for.

Darling, I don’t know you but thank you. Robbie’s electric performance in that sh*tty movie should be rewarded.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    POR160893
    Topics:

With regards Bombshell, Margot may have competition from her co-star Nicole Kidman in the supporting category

Profile picture
    TOSHlRO
    Topics:

Jennifer’s Booty will never go near an oscar nod, not before the better Jennifers (Aniston and Garner) who have clearly given way better work than this milf.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Darling, I don’t know you but thank you. Robbie’s electric performance in that sh*tty movie should be rewarded.

She absolutely embodied the sweet and kind-natured Sharon without effort.
    I’m not a violent person, but yes fire blast those pricks straight into a pool.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Fuck myself for what? Including Alan Rickman in this conversation utterly irrelevant.

Then why didn’t you mention Donald Sutherland too? He was also mentioned in the comment you responded to, and he’s no more relevant than Alan Rickman. And don’t pretend your comment was saying Rickman’s irrelevant to the discussion. You were laughing at the idea of him being considered Oscar worthy. You said absolutely nothing about him being irrelevant to the discussion. And it’s not like the original post was trying to change the topic to be about Rickman, Sutherland, or the also mentioned Emily Blunt. They were only brought up because a poster noted that they thought part of the JLo backlash came from people disliking the idea of her being nominated when highly respected (and clearly better) actors like those three have yet to receive a single nomination. And while my response was blunt, I don’t apologize for it. You rudely insulted an incredible actor who was loved by millions. When you’re blatantly disrespectful towards celebrated deceased artists, expect to get insulted back.

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

If “Downton Abbey” is financially successful, which it will be – I can see Maggie Smith being nominated for BSA. She’ll be nominated at the SAGs and BAFTAs at the very least.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

If “Downton Abbey” is financially successful, which it will be – I can see Maggie Smith being nominated for BSA. She’ll be nominated at the SAGs and BAFTAs at the very least.

Downton is first film to make SAG presence felt. I would not be surprised if the sheep vote for this one.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Then why didn’t you mention Donald Sutherland too? He was also mentioned in the comment you responded to, and he’s no more relevant than Alan Rickman. And don’t pretend your comment was saying Rickman’s irrelevant to the discussion. You were laughing at the idea of him being considered Oscar worthy. You said absolutely nothing about him being irrelevant to the discussion. And it’s not like the original post was trying to change the topic to be about Rickman, Sutherland, or the also mentioned Emily Blunt. They were only brought up because a poster noted that they thought part of the JLo backlash came from people disliking the idea of her being nominated when highly respected (and clearly better) actors like those three have yet to receive a single nomination. And while my response was blunt, I don’t apologize for it. You rudely insulted an incredible actor who was loved by millions. When you’re blatantly disrespectful towards celebrated deceased artists, expect to get insulted back.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Good attempt to save face, but you’re lack of words is just proving that I was right. You disrespected a beloved man, and then you lied, claiming that your post wasn’t the blatant insult against him that I know it was. So you can keep posting uninterested gifs all you want. You’re just gonna be adding to my argument.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.