Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 457 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Stegeo
Babygirl
  • Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

Af first I thought it was a joke, then I watched the movie and I was like “she’s not great, but decent” then they keep overpraising her and I was like if none of these critics is going to mention Constance Wu while praising the film, this clearly means Jlo must be buying those great reviews or sum. She doesn’t necessarily have long arms in the circuit, but she has enough connexions to do that. I can’t possibly understand why they keep overlooking Wu when she gives the closest Oscar level performance of the two.

If EW is ready to write these articles about Jlo being the front runner like if it was some kind of a Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) level performance, something is definitely happening in the dark!

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Fuck myself for what? Including Alan Rickman in this conversation utterly irrelevant.

Then why didn’t you mention Donald Sutherland too? He was also mentioned in the comment you responded to, and he’s no more relevant than Alan Rickman. And don’t pretend your comment was saying Rickman’s irrelevant to the discussion. You were laughing at the idea of him being considered Oscar worthy. You said absolutely nothing about him being irrelevant to the discussion. And it’s not like the original post was trying to change the topic to be about Rickman, Sutherland, or the also mentioned Emily Blunt. They were only brought up because a poster noted that they thought part of the JLo backlash came from people disliking the idea of her being nominated when highly respected (and clearly better) actors like those three have yet to receive a single nomination. And while my response was blunt, I don’t apologize for it. You rudely insulted an incredible actor who was loved by millions. When you’re blatantly disrespectful towards celebrated deceased artists, expect to get insulted back.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

If “Downton Abbey” is financially successful, which it will be – I can see Maggie Smith being nominated for BSA. She’ll be nominated at the SAGs and BAFTAs at the very least.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

If “Downton Abbey” is financially successful, which it will be – I can see Maggie Smith being nominated for BSA. She’ll be nominated at the SAGs and BAFTAs at the very least.

Downton is first film to make SAG presence felt. I would not be surprised if the sheep vote for this one.

Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Then why didn’t you mention Donald Sutherland too? He was also mentioned in the comment you responded to, and he’s no more relevant than Alan Rickman. And don’t pretend your comment was saying Rickman’s irrelevant to the discussion. You were laughing at the idea of him being considered Oscar worthy. You said absolutely nothing about him being irrelevant to the discussion. And it’s not like the original post was trying to change the topic to be about Rickman, Sutherland, or the also mentioned Emily Blunt. They were only brought up because a poster noted that they thought part of the JLo backlash came from people disliking the idea of her being nominated when highly respected (and clearly better) actors like those three have yet to receive a single nomination. And while my response was blunt, I don’t apologize for it. You rudely insulted an incredible actor who was loved by millions. When you’re blatantly disrespectful towards celebrated deceased artists, expect to get insulted back.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Good attempt to save face, but you’re lack of words is just proving that I was right. You disrespected a beloved man, and then you lied, claiming that your post wasn’t the blatant insult against him that I know it was. So you can keep posting uninterested gifs all you want. You’re just gonna be adding to my argument.

musicreloaded
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you guys forgetting CATS???

Its so naive that because dumb people expected a better CGI the film will flop.

This is Tom Hopper who gave nominations and wins to Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman.

GRIZABELLA is an iconic role just like Velma Kelly in Chicago, Eddie in Dreamgirls, the Witch in INTO THE WOODS and Fantine in LES MISERABLES…

And all those roles gave the actresses a BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS nomination/win.

JENNIFER HUDSON is in the run and I can say JUDI DENCH too.

In fact I think BAFTA will be a DENCH vs SMITH battle.

My prediction:

Laura Dern
    Maggie Smith
    Jennifer Hudson
    Judi Dench
    Bombshell girl (KIDMAN/ ROBBIE)
    Anette Benning
    Little Women actress (Meryl?)

Hudson will be only JENNIFER nominated this year.

Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Good attempt to save face, but you’re lack of words is just proving that I was right. You disrespected a beloved man, and then you lied, claiming that your post wasn’t the blatant insult against him that I know it was. So you can keep posting uninterested gifs all you want. You’re just gonna be adding to my argument.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you guys forgetting CATS??? Its so naive that because dumb people expected a better CGI the film will flop. This is Tom Hopper who gave nominations and wins to Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman. GRIZABELLA is an iconic role just like Velma Kelly in Chicago, Eddie in Dreamgirls, the Witch in INTO THE WOODS and Fantine in LES MISERABLES… And all those roles gave the actresses a BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS nomination/win. JENNIFER HUDSON is in the run and I can say JUDI DENCH too. In fact I think BAFTA will be a DENCH vs SMITH battle. My prediction: Laura Dern Maggie Smith Jennifer Hudson Judi Dench Bombshell girl (KIDMAN/ ROBBIE) Anette Benning Little Women actress (Meryl?) Hudson will be only JENNIFER nominated this year.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually liked the first one better. You’re trying a little too hard now. Let’s hope you can rebound with your next reply.

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Having just seen Parasite, I have to say it’s a bit weird Yeo-jeong Jo isn’t contending. Such a lovely comedic performance. And such a likable character.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

It worked so well for Glenn.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Dern needs your help, what color the dress should match her Oscar?

I hope she shows up with both of her parents.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you guys forgetting CATS??

we have been trying to

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

we have been trying to

I can’t!!!

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.