Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 457 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Stegeo
Babygirl
  • Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez – Hustlers

After reading reviews, her chances seem undeniable at this point. Get it J.Lo!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

After reading reviews, her chances seem undeniable at this point. Get it J.Lo!

If only she could be added to the prediction centre

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

All Dern needed was a great performance and the movie to be very well-received. Looks like she has both 🙂 I will be rooting for her all season long!

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

got to see marriage story at tiff today (massive thanks to my colleague who had a change of schedule) and dern is most certainly walking away from this season with a golden dildo

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Marriage Story must be really good if everyone is saying Laura Dern is going to win the Oscar but all of the headlines I’ve seen for the reviews don’t even mention her.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Margo Robbie will come out of nowhere and win for Bombshell. WATCH!

I’ve been told its the performance of her career.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Margo Robbie will come out of nowhere and win for Bombshell. WATCH! I’ve been told its the performance of her career.

I think Robbie’s too young to start throwing around the term “performance of her career”.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Marriage Story must be really good if everyone is saying Laura Dern is going to win the Oscar but all of the headlines I’ve seen for the reviews don’t even mention her.

She’s singled out (even if quick) in most reviews. In both Venice and Toronto she received a standing ovation after her monologue scene. Obviously Johansson and Driver are singled out more as they’re leads, but it’s clear she is a solid contender. I think it will be between Robbie and Dern. Unless Lopez or Pugh pick up steam…

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:
    • Laura Dern, Marriage Story
    • Margot Robbie, Bombshell
    • Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers
    • Florence Pugh, Little Women
    • Maggie Smith, Downtown Abbey
    Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Lopez could win the Golden Globe, but a nomination at the Oscars will be enough for her.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, STOP THE DELUSION. Booty Lopez isn’t even winning at the Globes. Are you insane?

I was your Prime Minister once.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m also predicting a Margot Robbie win but we’ll have to wait for the reception to Bombshell.

Right now I have:

1. Margot Robbie, Bombshell
    2. Laura Dern, Marriage Story
    3. Florence Pugh, Little Women

I’m really unsure about the last two spots. In my predictions I have:

4. Meryl Streep, The Laundromat (but only because I got her at 100/1)
    5. Anna Paquin, The Irishman (because she’s supposed to have a baity role and she has an interesting narrative)

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how Jlo gets the first acclaimed project of her career in 20 years and some of yall suddenly act like she’s an obvious frontrunner, as if she ever was a respected actress to begin with. Her filmography is a pool of yellow and red and she hasn’t been acknowledged by any major award show in 20 years (she’s a nice Razzie staple though) but yeah, she’s totally a threat to Laura Dern

The overhyping whenever a popstar pulls a decent to good performance is hilarious. I can’t wait for this whole twitter campaign to crash

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s leave Streep out. Let her go 2 years in a row without a nomination and come back next year with lead for PROM. She will kill in that and be a worthy nomination.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s leave Streep out. Let her go 2 years in a row without a nomination and come back next year with lead for PROM. She will kill in that and be a worthy nomination.

I really doubt The Prom is getting anywhere near the Oscars. I can definitely see Streep get in at the Globes, but this just isn’t the kind of film that’s up the Academy’s ally.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.