Home Forums Movies Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
LA26
Prince1
kallewickans_3
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I checked and there wasn’t a main thread for this movie. Anyway, what are your thoughts on it and Ana as Marilyn Monroe? Netflix will release it sometime in 2022. Julianne Nicholson will play Marilyn’s mother, Adrien Brody will play Arthur Miller and Bobby Cannavale will play Joe DiMaggio. Xavier Samuel will reportedly play Charlie Chaplin. Brad Pitt’s Plan B produced the film.

Profile picture
    Applepear
    Topics:

Wasn’t there the whole thing about how Netflix was shocked by how graphic the movie was?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

I predict the film will be divisive but ana’s performance will be raved. It will be another case of great performance, mediocre film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

Wasn’t there the whole thing about how Netflix was shocked by how graphic the movie was?

That didn’t stop Ellen Burstyn from getting nominated for Requiem for a Dream (though granted, Jennifer Connelly was at the center of the majority of the NC-17 content). That’s kind of where I see the film going; Ana de Armas might not have the massive Knives Out high she had last year, but I think people will remember her and nominate her by virtue of trying to make up for lost time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

If it plays at Cannes Ana is probably winning

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

No, there was a rumor about movie been awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

As much as I want it to happen,  the ship has sailed, The movie has been in the can for 2 years. How can be blonde be a contender legit question?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

As much as I want it to happen, the ship has sailed, The movie has been in the can for 2 years. How can be blonde be a contender legit question?

Yeah, I’m still looking forward to seeing her performance but it wrapped in fall 2019. That’s almost 3 years ago, and it’s been finished for a while. The Cannes director said he saw it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

As much as I want it to happen, the ship has sailed, The movie has been in the can for 2 years. How can be blonde be a contender legit question?

In more normal times I would agree, but in the age of Covid it has made all the sense in the world to postpone the release of not just Blonde but plenty of other movies. At the minimum, I expect both Armas and Nicholson to be in the conversation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

The release has been postponed so many times that I fear this is not just another movie, but something that Netflix doesn’t know how to market because it’s very weird and graphic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

The release has been postponed so many times that I fear this is not just another movie, but something that Netflix doesn’t know how to market because it’s very weird and graphic.

THIS is it. Netflix has no idea how to promote it lmao. It would be better suited at A24 or Neon.

The delay is not because of the quality (or lack thereof), it’s because the director was beefing with Netflix. The same thing happened with Jesse James – it was supposed to be released in 2006 but it got delayed to 2007. I wouldn’t write it off until premieres.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Vogue: What’s Going On With Netflix’s “Blonde”

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Ana talked about embodying Marilyn physically & emotionally in an interview with Byrdie earlier this year: It was a lot of hard work to play her in what I think was a really honest way of portraying her. And her life was not simple, because you really have to go deep into that period and what happened to her and her story and who she was, and maybe you know some of her story, but it was very intense. She went through a lot of things that were not easy at the time—it would not even be easy right now. I was lucky I had months to prepare. We don’t usually have that luxury—we usually have to rush into the project and make it as you go, but that one I really had the time to study. There’s so much material about her, like so much to watch and listen to. It’s incredible. So that’s what I did—dove deep into the whole thing with the director, Andrew Dominik, and I think the result is stunning and very moving. Source: https://www.byrdie.com/ana-de-armas-zoom-date-5114936

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

She also talked about the makeup and wigs: Well, I had to go bald every day, because with the blonde wigs… [Marilyn] went through different shades of blonde from golden to really platinum, so for these wigs that are beautifully made, you can’t have anything dark underneath, so we had to make a bald cap every single day from my forehead to [around] my whole head. It was like, three and a half hours every day of makeup.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Vogue: What’s Going On With Netflix’s “Blonde”

One theory as to why Blonde has been delayed: its NC-17 rating as a result of its graphic sexual violence. Notably, Oates’s reimagining of Norma Jean’s life involves a diary-like chapter in which a 21-year-old Monroe goes for her first movie audition at a place referred to as The Studio, only for a producer, Mr. Z, to violently rape her. Later, she is told that she won the part off the back of her “audition,” and her career is effectively launched. “He was not a cruel man I believe but one accustomed to getting his way of course & surrounded by ‘little people’ there must be the temptation to be cruel,” Oates’s protagonist heartbreakingly says afterwards. Given that actor David Warshofsky has been cast as Mr. Z, it’s likely that this scene will be recreated in full.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.