Home Forums Movies Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
LA26
Vicki Leekx
RIDLEY SCOTT
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Vogue: What’s Going On With Netflix’s “Blonde”

I think the delay might be due to some of the graphic scenes. Andrew also once said there’s very little dialogue in the film. Also: came across this 2016 quote from Andrew about why he continued to stick with the film despite the delays, and I couldn’t help but laugh: DOMINIK: I think that Blonde will be one of the ten best movies ever made. That’s why I want to do it. Source: https://collider.com/andrew-dominik-one-more-time-with-feeling-interview-nick-cave-blonde/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

scott stuber says it’s coming next fall (2022).

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/netflix-scott-stuber-david-fincher-dave-chappelle-1235133854/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:
    LA26
    Topics:

More info from the interview:

-Confirmed an NC-17 rating:

“It’s a demanding movie,” he said. “If the audience doesn’t like it, that’s the fucking audience’s problem. It’s not running for public office.

”It’s an NC-17 movie about Marilyn Monroe, it’s kind of what you want, right?” he continued. “I want to go and see the NC-17 version of the Marilyn Monroe story.” 

-Blonde shot in 2019 and Dominik said it has picture-locked, after Netflix “insisted” on bringing in acclaimed editor Jennifer Lame, whose credits include Tenet and Manchester By The Sea, early last year “to curb the excesses of the movie,” as Dominik put it.

Rumours of a scene featuring bloody menstrual cunnilingus are untrue and “hilarious” according to the director. However, a rape scene is in there, taken from the 2000 Joyce Carol Oates book of the same name on which the film is based.

-He said there was “work involved” in making Cuban actress Ana de Armas, who plays Monroe, “sound American”; and that “she is fucking amazing – the one thing nobody’s going to complain about is [de Armas’] performance.”

He also praised Netflix for supporting the title despite having issues with some of the content, saying “It’s much easier to support stuff when you like it. It’s much harder when you don’t. I have nothing but gratitude for Netflix.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I want see this even more now. Its sounding like Spencer on steroids.

ReplyCopy URL

More info from the interview:

-Confirmed an NC-17 rating:

“It’s a demanding movie,” he said. “If the audience doesn’t like it, that’s the fucking audience’s problem. It’s not running for public office.

”It’s an NC-17 movie about Marilyn Monroe, it’s kind of what you want, right?” he continued. “I want to go and see the NC-17 version of the Marilyn Monroe story.”

-Blonde shot in 2019 and Dominik said it has picture-locked, after Netflix “insisted” on bringing in acclaimed editor Jennifer Lame, whose credits include Tenet and Manchester By The Sea, early last year “to curb the excesses of the movie,” as Dominik put it.

Rumours of a scene featuring bloody menstrual cunnilingus are untrue and “hilarious” according to the director. However, a rape scene is in there, taken from the 2000 Joyce Carol Oates book of the same name on which the film is based.

-He said there was “work involved” in making Cuban actress Ana de Armas, who plays Monroe, “sound American”; and that “she is fucking amazing – the one thing nobody’s going to complain about is [de Armas’] performance.”

He also praised Netflix for supporting the title despite having issues with some of the content, saying “It’s much easier to support stuff when you like it. It’s much harder when you don’t. I have nothing but gratitude for Netflix.”

Oh, this shit is gonna be an experience. I can’t wait for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Whats competition vs out of competition at cannes? Whats the difference and how are they chosen

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Whats competition vs out of competition at cannes? Whats the difference and how are they chosen

“Competition” means that it’s eligible for jury prizes, like the Palme D’Or. “Out of competition” means that it’s not. Usually movies that are screened out of competition are genre fare or otherwise not expected to compete for awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

Netflix films aren’t allowed to be in competition because in France films have to wait three years before they can be on a streaming service.

I think this will do Cannes, Telluride and Tiff.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Dominik’s recent comments about this project could not inspire less confidence in this film for me.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Dominik’s recent comments about this project could not inspire less confidence in this film for me.

It did the opposite for me, unless you’re talking about awards. It wouldn’t be an awards thing anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

It did the opposite for me, unless you’re talking about awards. It wouldn’t be an awards thing anyway.

so Ana de Armas won’t do like Kstew in the critics circuit ??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

so Ana de Armas won’t do like Kstew in the critics circuit ??

This movie will be even weirder than Spencer. It will probably be too offensive and straightfoward even for critics.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Yeah, I meant partly its awards prospects, but I guess just Dominik’s vision for this project overall. Everything I’m hearing just seems out-of-the-box, but not in an exciting way, if that makes sense. But this wouldn’t be the first time I thought I wouldn’t like a film and ended up feeling the opposite, so I’ll give it a chance.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.