Home Forums Movies Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

Blonde-Ana de Armas, Andrew Dominik (2022)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 222 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
LA26
RIDLEY SCOTT
Vicki Leekx

• puck05
    Topics:

Arthouse films centering real life figures is my new favorite genre. Super excited for this film!

ReplyCopy URL

FilmLover44
    Topics:

I want see this even more now. Its sounding like Spencer on steroids.

This is exactly how I’d describe the book. The NC-17 rating isn’t the least bit surprising considering the source material. The main challenges Dominik will have will be:
    a) tone – the nature of the book requires a lot of precision and balancing several themes simultaneously.
    b) pace – it’s a big book that covers A TON of subjects and time.
    c) Intention – The camera’s gaze will probably make or break a lot of it. You don’t want to paint Monroe as just a victim but rather get into the psyche of a woman that is absolutely destroyed by the Hollywood machine, while simultaneously giving her respect and not veering towards pure sadism. If not it’ll be too cruel to truly work.

If Dominik nails all this, Blonde will easily be one of the best films of the year. Best case scenario though is either (once again) Spencer (acclaimed, if slightly divisive and not enough of the Academy’s cup of tea for it to get more than actress) or Titane (completely ignored by the Academy due to its nature but highly regarded by a great amount of people).

ReplyCopy URL

Barbra Please
    Topics:

So excited about this weird ass fuck film darling. Another PG13 baity biopic can just go to hell…

ReplyCopy URL

Manav
    Topics:

The way this could be a disaster or a critic favorite.

ReplyCopy URL

Prince1
    Topics:

Anyone see this? Kinda confirms it will be at Cannes

ReplyCopy URL

K Olivia
    Topics:

I’m getting major Spencer vibes from this project. The artsy biopic audiences will likely hate but critics will eat tf up. Ana de Armas is the right actress in the right role working with the right director. Watch her get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL

Foolio
    Topics:

Yeah this one walks and talks like an arthouse project that’s deliberately too divisive and controversial to be a big awards player. That said, I predict Armas to have a very real shot at a nod, and I wouldn’t underestimate Julianne Nicholson either; MM’s mom is quite a role.

ReplyCopy URL

LA26
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

LA26
    Topics:

The film has been officially rated NC-17 for “some sexual content.” A trailer could drop soon. Does anyone think this could be a vehicle for Ana or will it go nowhere in terms of awards season?

ReplyCopy URL

alittle03
    Topics:

The film has been officially rated NC-17 for “some sexual content.” A trailer could drop soon. Does anyone think this could be a vehicle for Ana or will it go nowhere in terms of awards season?

The latter. I think I’m ultimately still excited to watch, though.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

I ultimately think this is going to skew a bit too artsy to stand a chance at being an Oscar contender (like I’m Thinking of Ending Things) but I’m excited to see Julianne Nicholson in a meaty film role like this.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

James Gibson
    Topics:

this gonna be fun

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

He’s not prolific but I like Dominik’s films so far.
    I’m always up for NC 17

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

TheCineMike
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I don’t think it will be a huge awards contender, but it will definitely be in the conversation by the end of the year when we look back at the films this year.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

ReplyCopy URL

MichelleReign
    Topics:

We didn’t already have Michelle nailing it in ‘My Week with Marilyn’? Hmm

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.