Home Forums Movies Booksmart (2019)

Booksmart (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
EsOS
Heptapod
Jays
  • Trevor Jann
    Participant
    Topics:

Directorial Feature-Film Debut of Olivia Wilde starring Beanie Feldstein, Kaitlyn Dever. Has gotten huge buzz from SXSW. Definitely DGA first time potential right? Maybe this year’s Lady Bird since everyone’s calling it a Female Superbad.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX2MvB0kyA0

This looks amazing. What an exciting career move for Wilde.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think any awards buzz will come from this but it looks like a fun time and I’m here for anything and everything Beanir Feldstein

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Tyler.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Tyler.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

THIS LOOK ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. I love Beanie Feldstein!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Should we predict Beanie at the globes ? A la Elsie Fischer ?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  EsOS.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  EsOS.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Should we predict Beanie at the globes ? A la Elsie Fischer ?

I think it’ll be difficult because Dever is co-lead but I’d love it. This is definitely one of my most anticipated movies of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like I need to keep this movie on my awards radar.

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally in favor of Wilde, Feinstein, and Dever all getting more awards-worthy opportunities like this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

100% Fresh on RT after 72 reviews
    85 on MC after 18 reviews

Very funny film.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw this at an advanced screening earlier this month and it is EVERYTHING. I feel like “Lady Bird” meets “Superbad” is a just comparison, but this is a bold film so it goes beyond calling it the “next” of those films. Truly, there are some massive swings for the fences here and the movie mostly comes out on top. The script is tight, delightful, poignant, witty and full of heart. Olivia Wilde’s direction is extremely impressive and she sets the tone of the film very early on. This ensemble is bonkers. Beanie Feldstein and Kaitlyn Dever are absolutely fantastic and you immediately buy into their friendship. The rest of the ensemble gets to shine in small moments throughout the entire film, and in particular, I loved Skyler Gisondo, Billie Lourd, Noah Galvin, Jessica Williams, Molly Gordon and Mason Gooding. It was just so much fun and also told a really nice (although admittedly not necessarily original) story, and it is instantly rewatchable. I really hope to catch it again once it opens this weekend and it is among the best of the year so far for me.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  moviefan617.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  moviefan617.
    ReplyCopy URL
    nicholas22
    Participant
    Topics:

Outrageously funny and enjoyable. I will likely be seeing this again now that I have more free time. The characters in the movie are slightly poked fun at for being feminists but I have a feminist sentiment of my own. This movie IS FANTASTIC for its depiction of female sexuality. Blockers last year was a good start at women openly and comedically talking about their sexuality but this movie is on ANOTHER LEVEL in the best way. Not an awards contender I don’t think but wow is it worth a watch for multiple hearty belly laughs and BOLD take

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Just got back from watching it and I freaking LOVED IT. It was so hilarious and Olivia Wilde’s directing really is something (the dance scene was a highlight). I really just want to give the entire cast Oscar nominations, from the leads (whose chemistry was off the charts) to Triple A. Billie Lourd absolutely killed me the entire time and I’d love to see her get a Globe nom for this. Ironically, going along with the movie, I also got better grades when I consistently went to parties so I should probs start doing that again lol.

Grade: A+

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.