Home Forums Movies "What If" 2020 Oscars Thread

"What If" 2020 Oscars Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
BenitoDelicias
fyras19
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

So whilst laying in my hospital bed, waiting for doctors to let me leave, I wondered about trivial things, not life or death, which was a nice change.

This is a thread to post “What If” scenarios that didn’t happen, and how they could’ve changed the Oscars path.

I’ll start –

“What If Portrait of a Lady on Fire was France’s submission to International Film?” was a scenario I asked. The consequences I came up with are

• Portrait of a Lady on Fire already accumulated awards and acclaim in this timeline, but such a boost would put it more in the Oscars conversation
    • The Golden Globes nominations are the same, since they don’t limit to pre-selection. In the no women conversation that happened in director, Céline Sciamma would potentially be the name that shows up a lot instead of Greta Gerwig.
    • With more of an awards push, in addition to International Film, it could be a Parasite-esque contender in Director and Cinematography. Director especially would benefit from an international-heavy Directors branch. Best Picture would also be on the cards.
    • The year would get more contentious in Actress as there could be potentially more performances in the conversation
    • The year would be quite different on nominations morning.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

A What If Oscar 2020 thread? Zellweger already has Judy, so no.

Laugh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

I think if Leonardo DiCaprio hadn’t won for The Revenant he’d be the one to beat in the best actor category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

What if Rocketman had come out in November?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Succession
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

What if The Woman in the Window was released in October as planned? Regardless of reviews, could Amy still be the frontrunner in Best Actress?

Oscars 2021: I support Denis Villeneuve (Dune), David Fincher (Mank), Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter), and Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy).

Movie-lover overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I think if Leonardo DiCaprio hadn’t won for The Revenant he’d be the one to beat in the best actor category

he doesn’t even deserve to be nominated for Once Upon whatever

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

It would be in the best picture race

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m not sure if it would’ve gone all the way to Best Picture, but it would’ve helped Taron get a nomination. Bohemian Rhapsody was a colossal box office draw and with an R rating, Rocketman could not equal that effect.

I don’t think his performance in Once Upon a Time would be that curse-breaker if The Revenant wouldn’t.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

What if The Woman in the Window was released in October as planned? Regardless of reviews, could Amy still be the frontrunner in Best Actress?

Don’t think so. I’m sure she’s great regardless of how the movie turns out to be, but I’m thinking a Emily Blunt in The Girl on the Train scenario

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.