Home Forums Movies Cannes Film Festival 2021

Cannes Film Festival 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 349 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
AMG
FreemanGriffin
fefface
  • Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

I think Annette could easily win the Palme D’Or.

The opening film NEVER finds a place in the palmarès.. It never happened in 74 editions. Maybe Annette is strong enough to break this stat !

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I looked through descriptions of all the films at Cannes – geez, Lea Seydoux, how many movies is she in at this year’s Cannes? (; I kept seeing her name over and over again! Super excited by the French films!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

The opening film NEVER finds a place in the palmarès.. It never happened in 74 editions. Maybe Annette is strong enough to break this stat !

The conventional wisdom seems to be that Spike Lee can credibly push his friend Adam through in Best Actor (unless there’s an unlikely last minute addition of Macbeth). It’s always an uphill battle for the first film seen at the festival to be remembered enough by the final jury deliberation at the end, then again few of them have been by anyone like Leos Carax.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Here’s the official poster:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Official jury has been revealed:

Actors Maggie Gyllenhaal, Mélanie Laurent, Song Kang-ho, and Tahar Rahim, directors Mati Diop, Jessica Hausner, and Kleber Mendonça Filho, and singer/songwriter Mylène Farmer will join Cannes Jury President Spike Lee in judging the 24 films of the 2021 Cannes competition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:
    manakamana
    Topics:

Bye-bye Annette.

https://twitter.com/georgeaddison87/status/1407652327083945991?s=21

Not surprising in the least that Carax wasn’t going to work for everyone, though I wouldn’t be surprised if its more mixed with the local French critics than the rest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Not surprising in the least that Carax wasn’t going to work for everyone, though I wouldn’t be surprised if its more mixed with the local French critics than the rest.

I mean it could be meh but this is a third-hand account based on a Tweet from someone who read in something else that it was emotionless. So I’d take with a grain of salt for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

That’s it, that one random Twitter user just ended the film’s buzz with an emoji. Right?

Seriously. Use your brains.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

That’s it, that one random Twitter user just ended the film’s buzz with an emoji. Right? Seriously. Use your brains.

An emoji based on a Tweet based on apparently having read a comment in a magazine. Plus it’s Carax – it is destined to be divisive. Edgar Wright thinks its a masterpiece, this other person doesn’t. It’s Carax!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Bye-bye Annette. https://twitter.com/georgeaddison87/status/1407652327083945991?s=21

It is well-known that every Oscar nominated film of the last decade has been beloved by every single person on earth, to be fair, so this one sorta negative comment has indeed wiped Annette straight out of the race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

It is well-known that every Oscar nominated film of the last decade has been beloved by every single person on earth, to be fair, so this one sorta negative comment has indeed wiped Annette straight out of the race.

Honestly this poster only seems to pop up in threads to say something negative so I’m not surprised they’ve latched on to this.

And yeah anyone expecting a film by Leos Carax to be universally beloved has never seen one of his works.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

Honestly this poster only seems to pop up in threads to say something negative so I’m not surprised they’ve latched on to this.

You truly are a dumbfuck.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

You truly are a dumbfuck.

I mean I could go through your comment history and prove it, but instead I think I’ll just report this unnecessarily abusive comment and put you back on ignore. Have a good day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actors Maggie Gyllenhaal, Mélanie Laurent, Song Kang-ho, and Tahar Rahim, directors Mati Diop, Jessica Hausner, and Kleber Mendonça Filho, and singer/songwriter Mylène Farmer will join Cannes Jury President Spike Lee in judging the 24 films of the 2021 Cannes competition.

This is an iconic judging panel! It’s great to see perennial Cannes attendee Hausner here.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 349 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.