Home Forums Movies Cannes Film Festival 2022

Cannes Film Festival 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
AMG
babypook
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I’m not really into Ostlund filmography so far, I really didn’t care for Force Majeure and the least said about The Square, the better. But obviously, I can’t say Triangle of Sadness is a deserving winner or not since I haven’t seen it.

I appreciate parts of his films…but I’m guessing like the others the main emotion it will draw from me is extreme anxiety… we’ll see

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’m not really into Ostlund filmography so far, I really didn’t care for Force Majeure and the least said about The Square, the better. But obviously, I can’t say Triangle of Sadness is a deserving winner or not since I haven’t seen it.

Point by point the same for me.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

I am surprised that Triangle of Sadness got the Palm. I thought Holy Spider or Decision to Leave were more like the Palm winner.

The win may well propell Woody Harrelson into the supporting actor race

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Apparently anglophone critics were cold on “Triangle of Sadness”, but the public loved it.

I’m surprised that “Boy from Heaven”, “The Eight Mountains” and “Stars at Noon” got some prizes.

It’s sad that Egypt will not choose “Boy from Heaven” for the Academy awards because the film director has been banned from the country (he was born in Sweden but they are obviously choosing the Ostlund to represent them). Same story for “Holy Spider” and Iran. Belgium will have to choose between Lukas Dhont and the Dardennes, Italy between “The Eight Mountains”, “Nostalgia” and the new Crialese movie that will likely be at Venice. France will choose the wrong movie like always.

Edit: Sweden cannot choose Ostlund because the movie is in English I think…

Ostlund’s film is majority in English this time. People mentioned 85% to 90% of the dialogue is in English

Edit: I didn’t see the edit oops

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Only a couple of months after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science’s completion of their decades-long endeavor to totally delegitimize the Oscars, Cannes provided another argument for doing away with all cinema awards entirely.

Cannes 2022: The Awards, Close, Broker and Boy from Heaven

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Apparently anglophone critics were cold on “Triangle of Sadness”, but the public loved it. I’m surprised that “Boy from Heaven”, “The Eight Mountains” and “Stars at Noon” got some prizes. It’s sad that Egypt will not choose “Boy from Heaven” for the Academy awards because the film director has been banned from the country (he was born in Sweden but they are obviously choosing the Ostlund to represent them). Same story for “Holy Spider” and Iran. Belgium will have to choose between Lukas Dhont and the Dardennes, Italy between “The Eight Mountains”, “Nostalgia” and the new Crialese movie that will likely be at Venice. France will choose the wrong movie like always. Edit: Sweden cannot choose Ostlund because the movie is in English I think…

Denmark can and probably will submit Holy Spider. They literally had Flee this past year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.