Home Forums Movies Cast most likely to win SAG for outstanding performance (2022)

Cast most likely to win SAG for outstanding performance (2022)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
fefface
wolfali
Cast most likely to win SAG for outstanding performance (2022)
Don't Look Up
Amsterdam
Nightmare Alley
The French Dispatch
House of Gucci
Last Night in Soho
Blonde
Other
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Which cast do you think is most likely to win best ensemble at the SAG awards next year? I went with Don’t Look Up, but I’m not that excited for it.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by LA26.
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

So many big ensemble pieces!

For me it’s probably between Nightmare Alley and House of Gucci at this stage. Went with Gucci for now mostly because I don’t really rate Bradley Cooper and I expect him to miss an individual nomination – it just doesn’t feel like a stretch for him.

Amsterdam‘s cast is stacked too but it’s DOR, plus if it’s true that it’s just a paint-by-numbers cynical Oscars grab then no thanks.

French Dispatch is also gonna be up there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

House of Gucci and The French Dispatch seem very likely contenders just from appearances.

Don’t count out something like The Humans making a splash. From the reviews I’ve heard Mass is uniformly brilliantly acted but it’s a four person piece for the most part apparently, which makes it pretty unlikely, but again who knows.

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I voted The French Dispatch because it has the biggest cast of Oscar nominees and winners and that’s what I currently have in my predictions as the Best Picture frontrunner.

As someone who is quite optimistic about Last Night in Soho‘s chances I will be astounded if it gets nominated for SAG ensemble. It seems like a two person piece with McKenzie and Taylor-Joy whilst Rigg and Smith may potential have “a bit” to do. But that’s really it.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I voted Don’t Look Up, but because of the apostrophe i can’t vote it, so i consider “Other” as my answer for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Dune. It checks several boxes that SAG looks for in an Ensemble:

it’s a really big cast that employs a lot of actors

diversity – there are white, black, Latino, Asian, Polinesian, mixed race actors in prominent roles, young, old and middle alike, also internaitonal actors which should appeal to international voters too

it’s a mixed cast (male and female) as opposed to just all-male or all-female so easier to get votes from both men and women

it’s a big budget movie released in the fall (October) so likely a priority watch that shouldn’t miss sending out the screeners (which is what hurts end of the year releases)

So I’m surrpsied it isn’t on option in this poll. It seems like an Ensamble slam-dunk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

So many big ensemble pieces! For me it’s probably between Nightmare Alley and House of Gucci at this stage. Went with Gucci for now mostly because I don’t really rate Bradley Cooper and I expect him to miss an individual nomination – it just doesn’t feel like a stretch for him. Amsterdam‘s cast is stacked too but it’s DOR, plus if it’s true that it’s just a paint-by-numbers cynical Oscars grab then no thanks. French Dispatch is also gonna be up there.

I can also see Cooper not getting an individual nomination. His role in PTA’s new film is rumored to be small. I still think it’s weird there’s not a lot of info out there about DOR’s movie. Is he always this secretive? I’ve seen people on Twitter speculating it might be set during the 1940s because of the costumes and vintage cars that were spotted on set.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I voted Don’t Look Up, but because of the apostrophe i can’t vote it, so i consider “Other” as my answer for it.

Sorry about that, I didn’t realize that happened.  Thanks for letting me know.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Dune. It checks several boxes that SAG looks for in an Ensemble.

So I’m surrpsied it isn’t on option in this poll. It seems like an Ensamble slam-dunk

I highly and sincerely doubt Dune is winning SAG ensemble.

I can also see Cooper not getting an individual nomination. His role in PTA’s new film is rumored to be small. I still think it’s weird there’s not a lot of info out there about DOR’s movie. Is he always this secretive? I’ve seen people on Twitter speculating it might be set during the 1940s because of the costumes and vintage cars that were spotted on set.

Yeah it definitely looks like a period piece but nothing is known about the plot.

And yeah Cooper is Supporting for Soggy Bottom and Lead for Nightmare Alley. I just think Nightmare Alley is similar to characters we’ve seen him do before and there are bound to be way more interesting and challenging performances next year to choose from.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I just think Nightmare Alley is similar to characters we’ve seen him do before and there are bound to be way more interesting and challenging performances next year to choose from.

It’s basically the same character arc he had in ASIB but just framed by a different movie. Yawn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Super Early SAG Ensemble Predictions:
    1- The French Dispatch
    2- The Power of the Dog
    3-
    House of Gucci
    4- The Harder They Fall
    5- Last Night in Soho

The French Dispatch has the biggest ensemble, although many of them are probably going to be cameos, which may be its biggest weakness.

The Power of the Dog is that heavy drama and juicy movie similar to Manchester by the Sea.

House of Gucci has baity material and Jared Leto, Al Pacino, Driver, etc, although I have a feeling this movie might be too european for AFTRA’s taste.

What to say about The Harder They Fall ? Regina King, Idris Elba, Zazie Beetz, Jonathan Majors, Lakeith Stanfield. It’s one of the few black led ensembles along with Passing, which I think it’s 6th. Even if it the movie is not good… I mean they nominated August: Osage Country in this category.

Last Night in Soho. I doubt they’re going to resist giving Diana Rigg a posthumous nomination. It has Anya Taylor Joy, who just won a SAG.

Of the musicals, I think In the Heights is the more likely, because of its diverse cast.

They snubbed The Shape of Water, so I’m not buying Nightmare Alley here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Shouldn’t this more apply be called “2022 SAG Film Predictions”. Considering we’re kind of predicting in this thread.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Also completely agree that Soho doesn’t feel like a true ensemble piece, nor Blonde really.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

I think In the Heights has a chance, similar to Black Panther winning this award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Canterbury Glass
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.