Home Forums Movies Chicken Run sequel (2021)

Chicken Run sequel (2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Wanda
  • Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

What are your thoughts? This is one of my favourite childhood films, I never expected or desired a sequel much but here we are. Apparently the movie will be developed by Netflix.

I was only made aware of its existence via recent news of casting. Apparently Julia Sawalha (Ginger) was not happy she wasn’t asked back because she sounds “too old” to play her character again. And apparently the same treatment was given to Mel Gibson. Personally I don’t think voices change that much with age, fair enough perhaps if this was a live-action movie.

What are your thoughts on this example of apparent ageism in casting? How can they reject some original cast members but welcome others? Let’s discuss.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I love the first one so much. Not sure how I feel about this but I’ll be definitely watching.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.