February 12, 2015 at 9:53 am #177924
Crave Online’s picks for the 13 Times the Razzies Got It Wrong are:
1. Cocktail – Worst Picture and Worst Screenplay
2. Wyatt Earp – Worst Actor (Kevin Costner) and Worst Remake or Sequel
3. Madonna – Worst Supporting Actress for Four Rooms
4. Demi Moore – Worst Actress for G.I. Jane
5. Leonardo DiCaprio – Worst Screen Couple for playing opposite himself in The Man in the Iron Mask
6. Psycho – Worst Director for Gus Van Sant
7. Heather Donahue – Worst Actress for The Blair Witch Project
8. The Last Airbender – Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D
9. Mommie Dearest – Worst Picture, Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Screenplay and Worst Picture of the 1980s
10. Showgirls – Worst Picture, Actress, Director, Screenplay, New Star, Screen Couple, Original Song and Worst Picture of the 1990s
11. I Know Who Killed Me – Worst Picture, Actress, Director, Screenplay, Screen Couple, Remake or Rip-Off, Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie
12. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – Worst Picture, Actress, Supporting Actor, Director, Screen Couple, Screen Ensemble, Sequel
13. Sylvester Stallone – Worst Actor of the CenturyFebruary 12, 2015 at 10:09 am #177926
Not really helpful when we don’t know what the competition was those respective years…February 12, 2015 at 10:26 am #177928
Their competition was:
1. Caddyshack II and Mac and Me
2. Steven Seagal (On Deadly Ground); Beverly Hills Cop III, City Slickers II and The Flintstones
3. Amy the Talking Gorilla in Congo
4. Sandra Bullock (Speed 2) and Fran Drescher (The Beautician and the Beast)
5. Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler (Armageddon); Any combination of two people playing themselves (Burn Hollywood Burn)
6. Roland Emmerich (Godzilla) and Arthur Hiller (Burn Hollywood Burn)
7. Melanie Griffith (Crazy in Alabama) and Catherine Zeta-Jones (Entrapment and The Haunting)
8. Clash of the Titans
9. Endless Love and The Legend of the Lone Ranger
10. Congo, It’s Pat and The Scarlet Letter
11. Bratz and Norbit
12. The Oogieloves, That’s My Boy and A Thousand Words
13. Pauly ShoreFebruary 12, 2015 at 11:23 am #177929
I’m still kind of shocked that Glitter didn’t win Worst Picture in 2001.February 12, 2015 at 11:38 am #177930
The Razzies are a joke for nominating Rocky IV everywhere. That wasn’t one of the worst movies to ever exist. I know they hate Sylvester Stallone, but come on.February 12, 2015 at 11:47 am #177931
I’m still kind of shocked that Glitter didn’t win Worst Picture in 2001.
Lol. Tom Green was a juggernaut that year (Freddy Got Fingered), with the other multi nominated Planet of The Apes. He even bested Sylvester Stallone’s screenplay for “Driven”. Of course, noone else had a chance against Charlton Heston in Supporting.
At least Tom showed up for his Award.February 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm #177932
I usually don’t give a flying feck about the Razzies and their cluttered, celebrity-obsessed nominations lists, but I have to say I’m genuinely puzzled by Heather Donahue’s win, given that she’s essentially playing herself (or at least a version of herself) in The Blair Witch Project and actually got some critical praise – that snot-nosed apology scene is a classic! Not to mention she was up against one of the worst-reviewed performances of Joan of Arc ever, given by Milla Jovovich.February 12, 2015 at 2:55 pm #177933
Yeah, Demi Moore was totally fine in G.I. Jane.
Also, Sandra Bullock should not have been nominated/won for “All About Steve”. Not a good flick, but I appreciated what Sandra tried to do in that movie: play up her typically likeable self in a romantic comedy and take it to a crazy place, and it worked. The movie was just really crappy around her….but as always, the Razzies can’t turn down the publicity of nominating a big star, especially the year they are going to win an Oscar. It’s the best media coverage they’ve ever gotten.February 12, 2015 at 3:51 pm #177934
^ Well, we differ here. Sandra Bullock was terrible in All About Steve. I’ve watched her entire career in films, and never had I ever seen her like this, with her acting ticks showing, and her overall acting ‘showing’. She deserved that win.February 12, 2015 at 9:56 pm #177935
DiCaprio was pretty wretched in MITIM but the Razzie for worst screen couple should have gone to Affleck and Tyler, who were ghastly together. In fact, Michael Bay sort of “specializes” in horrible pairings, like Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, and probably deserves a lifetime achievement award.February 12, 2015 at 11:58 pm #177936
DiCaprio was pretty wretched in MITIM but the Razzie for worst screen couple should have gone to Affleck and Tyler, who were ghastly together. In fact, Michael Bay sort of “specializes” in horrible pairings, like Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, and probably deserves a lifetime achievement award.
Shia probably didnt mind.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.