Home Forums Movies Critics Choice 2021 Film Awards Reactions

Critics Choice 2021 Film Awards Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 524 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
SN
George Ehret
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Lmao to the fact that we’re waiting for them to bring some clarity to best supporting actress but knowing them it’ll probably be a six way tie

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Yuh-Jung Youn has won the most critic awards of any performance from any category this year and Minari led in Critics Choice Award nominations. Not that it would be past Critics Choice, but anyone else winning would be a sham.

(Fail: I have Maria Bakalova logged in my incomplete predictions from a month ago.)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Agreed.

Actress is the real interesting one. I think either they tie Day and Mulligan or Day wins. I initially thought they’d defer back to McDormand (like they will most likely do for Yuh-jung Youn here) as the critical favourite but I’ve given up considering her win competitive for anything. I mean when an awards body nominates a complete unknown from your film in supporting and still fails to award you it’s not a good sign…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

what time are critics choice on tomo and what channel? im gonna need a live stream link please

It starts at 7pm eastern time.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Actress is so painful.

My heart says:

My mind says:

The state of my predictions:

That’s what I’m thinking too.
    Unrelated, but I loved Meryl in Doubt.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress
    Youn Yuh-jung for Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

To me, Andra Day winning was so obviously a Globes thing. The Globes love to be the first ones out of the gate. So why would they pass up the chance to award Andra Day, the shiny new thing in the shiny new film that just came out? The Globes like to throw shit at the wall and the Critics Choice like to course correct to the frontrunners. We will see tomorrow.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know. I don’t want to suffer a false sense of hope for my girl.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

To me, Andra Day winning was so obviously a Globes thing. The Globes love to be the first ones out of the gate. So why would they pass up the chance to award Andra Day, the shiny new thing in the shiny new film that just came out? The Globes like to throw shit at the wall and the Critics Choice like to course correct to the frontrunners. We will see tomorrow.

It could be a Globes thing, but people said the same about 1917 last year.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It could be a Globes thing, but people said the same about 1917 last year.

1917 didn’t win Picture or Directing hun. Also, the reason why people are questioning Andra is because she not only doesn’t have SAG, BAFTA and AACTA but she’ll be the only nomination for her film competing against 3 women in BP films.

Are those international members even going to watch Billie Holliday lol. We heard a lot of them didn’t even bother to see Close in the Wife and that’s why she lost to Colman.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1917 didn’t win Picture or Directing hun.

Sure, but it still wasn’t just a Globes thing.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Also they were called out on their racism and decided to do some control damage.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

1917 picked up steam later, but didn’t win at Critics Choice.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

1917 picked up steam later, but didn’t win at Critics Choice.

Exactly. The only example of the critics choice changing their votes after the Globes was the Glenn Close vs Lady Gaga.

Lady Gaga was seen as the frontrunner but Glenn beat her at the Globes and they gave them a tie.

What’s another example of CC changing their votes to non frontrunners at the time cause the Globes gave them a win?

We already pointed out Rami Malek, Eddie Redmayne, Meryl Streep etc won globes and didn’t win CC.

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Joaqin Pheonix

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I actually think PYW can pull many wins here, including Best Film. Oh, and I don’t want any TIE at all omg.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 524 total)

The topic ‘Critics Choice 2021 Film Awards Reactions’ is closed to new replies.