Home Forums Movies Critics Choice Film Awards 2023 (Part 2)

Critics Choice Film Awards 2023 (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Philip
ScreamingFire..
MichelleReign

• Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 2.

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Money doesn’t equal good. Why do people just assume because a film made a ton of money it is the best? This would be the best picture lineup. Top Gun Black Panther Doctor Strange Avatar Jurassic World Minions Batman Thor Spider-Man Sonic 2 O yes, Best Picture Nominee Sonic 2 lol

A BALANCE between the arthouse and the mainstream.  One side ruling over the other is bad.  All arthouse or all mainstream gets boring real fast.  My ideal BP lineup:

Way of Water
    EEAAO
    Nope
    She Said
    Rise Roar Revolt
    TAR

Six nominee maximum.  When you go to 10 BP nominees, you render the 5 who didn’t get BD nods filler.

ReplyCopy URL

bettedaviseyes
    Topics:

Can we not dismiss Cate’s performance as an Oscar-bait performance, it really is excellent and very deserving of the accolades it receives

ReplyCopy URL

Ms Attitude
    Topics:

A BALANCE between the arthouse and the mainstream. One side ruling over the other is bad. All arthouse or all mainstream gets boring real fast. My ideal BP lineup: Way of Water EEAAO Nope She Said Rise Roar Revolt TAR Six nominee maximum. When you go to 10 BP nominees, you render the 5 who didn’t get BD nods filler.

Just to ease your mind, Avatar will be fine. It will pick up 5-8 nominations on Oscar morning including Picture, and the same thing will happen again for the next three movies. Keep in mind you don’t have wait 14 years again, now it’s every two years. It’s going to cross 2.2+ billion by the end of its run. I mean, let’s be realistic, feelings for the movies aside, they were never going to give a sequel (and a movie with sequels to come) all its flowers yet.

ReplyCopy URL

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

You honor the best movie of a given year, sequels forthcoming or not.  Otherwise some Indie Spirits darling swoops in and gets the accolades.  Way of Water should be up for 10.  BP, Cameron and every tech category except original song. The prod design, editing and cinematography choices were logic-sapping.

ReplyCopy URL

jjjmoss
    Topics:

Can we not dismiss Cate’s performance as an Oscar-bait performance

i mean, cate and todd together was in fact predicted as a likely frontrunner since announcement.

unlike, say, yeoh and daniels

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

You honor the best movie of a given year, sequels forthcoming or not. Otherwise some Indie Spirits darling swoops in and gets the accolades. Way of Water should be up for 10. BP, Cameron and every tech category except original song. The prod design, editing and cinematography choices were logic-sapping.

I hope so. But there’s the waiting game too.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

Philip
    Topics:

A BALANCE between the arthouse and the mainstream. One side ruling over the other is bad. All arthouse or all mainstream gets boring real fast. My ideal BP lineup:

Way of Water
    EEAAO
    Nope
    She Said
    Rise Roar Revolt
    TAR

Six nominee maximum. When you go to 10 BP nominees, you render the 5 who didn’t get BD nods filler.

Yet we got a best picture winner last year without a director nod.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL

Vogue
    Topics:

Ranked #153 for the CCAs.

ReplyCopy URL

Philip
    Topics:

You honor the best movie of a given year, sequels forthcoming or not. Otherwise some Indie Spirits darling swoops in and gets the accolades. Way of Water should be up for 10. BP, Cameron and every tech category except original song. The prod design, editing and cinematography choices were logic-sapping.

It’s YOUR opinion tho that Avatar is the best film of the year.

EEAAO still made over 100 Million on a 15 million dollar budget. That would be a remarkable win.

ReplyCopy URL

L.B.
    Topics:

The way I ate in TV 👺 (did ok in film)

Blanchett or Yeoh for Best Actress!

ReplyCopy URL

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

It’s just there have been many great sci-fi movies in the 45+ years since the Star Wars snub.  And the one that’s closest to kicking in the door and getting best picture is…Everything Everywhere All At Once??????????????????????????????

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

It’s just there have been many great sci-fi movies in the 45+ years since the Star Wars snub. And the one that’s closest to kicking in the door and getting best picture is…Everything Everywhere All At Once??????????????????????????????

It feels like I’ve been waiting since FOREVER for a Sci fi film to win.
    Any win for any sci-fi is terrific.
    See you soon DUNE…

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

Philip
    Topics:

It’s just there have been many great sci-fi movies in the 45+ years since the Star Wars snub. And the one that’s closest to kicking in the door and getting best picture is…Everything Everywhere All At Once??????????????????????????????

And what is your point? Lol

ReplyCopy URL

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Philip, it’s that EEAAO is just a clusterfork of a mess.  What does Hollywood media see in it that much?  And if EEAAO wins BP, then kiss Dune 2’s chances goodbye, and it doesn’t matter if Villeneuve makes the Citizen Kane of SF films.  EEAAO is just so unworthy when compared to an Inception, Force Awakens, Dune, Arrival, Avengers: Endgame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.