Home Forums Movies Critics’ Choice Film Awards Nominations 2019

Critics’ Choice Film Awards Nominations 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
9 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Harmon Van deth
estrelasdealg..
  • FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

“Critics.” Mmhm. As if…

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

So I need some help here. Best Picture has 10 slots. I feel confident about ASIB, Roma, Green Book, Beale Street, Vice, The Favourite, Klansman, and Black Panther. Which two will take the other slots? Poppins, First Man, Eighth Grade, First Reformed, A Quiet Place? Is this where Widows will finally make a showing since critics did like it?

Same with actress. I feel confident about Close, Gaga, Colman, Aparicio, and McCarthy here. Does Kidman take the last slot? Or Blunt, Davis, or Pike?

I need some opinions on this! I am not willing to put Widows in anywhere again tbh because I will then be even more disappointed if it’s snubbed again.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

So I need some help here. Best Picture has 10 slots. I feel confident about ASIB, Roma, Green Book, Beale Street, Vice, The Favourite, Klansman, and Black Panther. Which two will take the other slots? Poppins, First Man, Eighth Grade, First Reformed, A Quiet Place? Is this where Widows will finally make a showing since critics did like it?

Same with actress. I feel confident about Close, Gaga, Colman, Aparicio, and McCarthy here. Does Kidman take the last slot? Or Blunt, Davis, or Pike?

I need some opinions on this! I am not willing to put Widows in anywhere again tbh because I will then be even more disappointed if it’s snubbed again.

I would say Widows would get in here if all places but I have your 5 plus Collette for actress and I don’t think that Widows gets in without Davis so right now I’m thinking your Eighth Grade & A Quiet Place with a long shot pick of The Hate U Give.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Kidman gets a place here, because they want a big star like her to show up at the ceremony. And as she is campaigning, she probably will. And they know it.

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Kidman gets a place here, because they want a big star like her to show up at the ceremony. And as she is campaigning, she probably will. And they know it.

In supporting or lead? I have her getting in for Destroyer.

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Collette is going to show up in here. I have Close, Gaga, Colman, Collette, Aparicio and McCarthy. Kidman has definetely a shot of showing up but i just dont know who to switch. I have this feeling that we gonna have 7 nominees instead of 6. They have done that with Director so why not with Actress. About the last two spots for Picture i have A Quiet Place and First Reformed. Eighth Grade could show up in here as well but i think the other two are more likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

So I need some help here. Best Picture has 10 slots. I feel confident about ASIB, Roma, Green Book, Beale Street, Vice, The Favourite, Klansman, and Black Panther. Which two will take the other slots? Poppins, First Man, Eighth Grade, First Reformed, A Quiet Place? Is this where Widows will finally make a showing since critics did like it? Same with actress. I feel confident about Close, Gaga, Colman, Aparicio, and McCarthy here. Does Kidman take the last slot? Or Blunt, Davis, or Pike? I need some opinions on this! I am not willing to put Widows in anywhere again tbh because I will then be even more disappointed if it’s snubbed again.

Eighth Grade feels like The Big Sick of this year, which was nominated for picture last year. It will probably get in just based on the fact it was one of the most critically acclaimed films of the year. I think Kidman gets in for Destoryer, and I have Elsie Fisher getting in over Melissa McCarthy. I put Debicki in Supporting Actress for Widows which is a long shot, but they usually always have one surprise in that category (Janelle Monáe, Tiffany Haddish, Tilda Swindon, etc.) but I’m not willing to predict Widows anywhere else, sadly.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought lead, but now that you mention it, she can get in both.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Eighth Grade feels like The Big Sick of this year, which was nominated for picture last year. It will probably get in just based on the fact it was one of the most critically acclaimed films of the year. I think Kidman gets in for Destoryer, and I have Elsie Fisher getting in over Melissa McCarthy. I put Debicki in Supporting Actress for Widows which is a long shot, but they usually always have one surprise in that category (Janelle Monáe, Tiffany Haddish, Tilda Swindon, etc.) but I’m not willing to predict Widows anywhere else, sadly.

Debicki makes so much sense! I am feeling good about King, Adams, Stone, and Weisz. They’re practically locks. I feel like Foy can get in as well and then Debicki would take that sixth slot. I don’t see Kidman getting in for “Boy Erased,” MQOS is dead, Michelle Yeoh needed that Globe bid.

Debicki could be that surprise nomination like Monáe, Haddish, or Gerwig!

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I have her on both,everywhere.I missed at the globes but I’m guessing she was close.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

When are their nominations announced?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

When are their nominations announced?

On Monday.

ReplyCopy URL
    kobi
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think Kidman might be nominated twice, it’s not because she was snubbed at the Globes for Boy Erased that her performance will be overlooked everywhere.

Aparicio is vulnerable, but like we keep saying even tho she did a great job in Roma, there aren’t enough slots, and the entire movie is seen like an achievement for Cuarón.

Toni Colette could easily sneak in, and I wish she does.

Viola was a Master in Widows, she clearly command the cast but I’m afraid she can’t get in.

For the rest, we already know who’s shoo ins..

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

And the other categories ? (Costume Design, Production Design, Film Editing, Visual Effects)

I can´t find them in the prediction center. Why?

ReplyCopy URL
    TheBiggestRetiredFemaleMovieStarInTheWorld
    Participant
    Topics:

I expect those low-lives to predict for Academy Awards (let’s not pretend they actually nominate) at least 8-10 ladies in best leading actress category and then they will claim there was a big tie. Yeah, tie my ass. lol

Whom are they going to predict? Sure bets: Yalitza Aparicio, Emily Blunt, Glenn Close, Toni Collette, Olivia Colman, Stefani Germanotta, Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy. Wild cars: Viola Davis, Regina Hall. They might put some of those in best comedy actress not best leading actress just in case to claim later ‘but we nominated them in comedy actress!’ LOL!

Let this joke of awards go on! Bahahaha

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.