Home Forums Movies Critics’ Choice Film Awards Nominations 2019

Critics’ Choice Film Awards Nominations 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 915 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
PJ Edwards
Freddy Almonte
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Whoever gets SAG on Wednesday will get that final slot at the Oscars. Close, Gaga, Colman, and McCarthy are locks IMO. It’s Kidman vs. Blunt for that final spot!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Despise hating all the love Crazy Rich Asians has been getting, that production design nom is very well deserved.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve always stated this award show was pointless, and everyone jumped down my throat for having that opinion. Now I see many people pissed off and complaining.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why everyone is complaining. The Golden Globes are much worse than this and I don’t see anyone complaining.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure why ur all complaining. These % correct r some People’s best performances ever on the prediction center lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Not sure why ur all complaining. These % correct r some People’s best performances ever on the prediction center lol

True.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is underperforming at the critics circles but still hitting the major precursors. If she hits SAG (which is highly likely), her nom will be locked

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoever gets SAG on Wednesday will get that final slot at the Oscars. Close, Gaga, Colman, and McCarthy are locks IMO. It’s Kidman vs. Blunt for that final spot!

For the 5th slot: I think it’s Blunt vs. Aparicio, and I can’t decide which will make it…

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Wig at Jordan making it in

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s sad that Love Simon is not even nominated for Best Comedy and Best Actor in a Comedy. It’s one of the best reviewed movie of the year!! Instead, they nominated Deadpool 2 and Game Night… what a joke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Vincent Yeoh
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s sad that Love Simon is not even nominated for Best Comedy and Best Actor in a Comedy. It’s one of the best reviewed movie of the year!! Instead, they nominated Deadpool 2 and Game Night… what a joke!

Truly sad

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I don’t understand why everyone is complaining. The Golden Globes are much worse than this and I don’t see anyone complaining.

How the heck were the Globes better or worse? I think both groups did great jobs nominating considering the categories available. Both awards just want to predict the Oscars and it looks like they will do a fine job of that.

I cant at people making declarations off these joke awards lol

These awards are super silly but they sure did an extraordinary job predicting the Oscar winners last year, with their Big 8 winners for Picture, Director, acting x4, and Screenplay x2 all ending up as those exact same winners of those Oscar categories. Gotta take them seriously for Oscar winners predictions at least just because of that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I just looked it up and every year since the Critics Choice Awards started doing nominees in 1996, they have never not nominated the eventual Best Picture winner at the Oscars. That’s a solid track record right there.

Also, for Best Director the Critics Choice Awards have at least nominated the future Oscar winner since that category started to have nominees in 2001.

Other categories have more mixed of a track record. Future Oscar winner for Score The Grand Budapest Hotel was snubbed by the Critics Choice Awards, whose winner that year Antonio Sanchez for Birdman was declared ineligible by the music branch of the Academy due to his reliance on non-original music in the soundtrack, if I recall correctly. Other Critics Choice winners for Music like The Illusionist and sadly There Will Be Blood (the latter I think was also ineligible, but I can’t remember why) have failed to even get nominated by the Oscars for their own Music Score category.

So, I’d highly recommend taking the below-the-line nominees for the Critics Choice Awards with far more of a grain of salt than the nominees in the major categories, as far as using them as a guide for the future Oscar nominees is concerned.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

The Critic’s Choice is really a good predictor of the Oscars. It’s the only major awards show that awarded Best Picture to Spotlight and The Shape of Water before the Oscars so that is really telling something.

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

The Critic’s Choice Awards are going to be blocked in a lot of places due to a dispute between Spectrum TV and the network.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Riley Chow.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Riley Chow.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 915 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.