Home Forums Movies Did Hopkins, McDormand and Colman (2018) prove you don’t have to campaign?

Did Hopkins, McDormand and Colman (2018) prove you don’t have to campaign?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Chitanda170
wolfali
M: The Original
  • Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I agree about him wanting an Oscar. I strongly suspect someone helped him with his speech at the SAG awards last year. It wasn’t as rambling as the one he gave at the Golden Globes.

That’s ridiculous, nobody helped him with his speeches, the guy just says what he’s thinking in that moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Campaign is not necessary when you’re a veteran in a widely seen BP nominee or your performance is undeniable.

People like Andra Day and Vanessa Kirby wouldn’t have been nominated if they hadn’t campaigned a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mimzo
    Topics:

To be fair, no one has been able to campaign properly this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

McDormand’s movie is the best picture and director front runner and she’s the entire reason for that.

Sure. Chloé Zhao’s direction, not to mention screenplay, had nothing to do with it. McDormand was just great, but you don’t need to minimize the work of others to make that point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Sure. Chloé Zhao’s direction, not to mention screenplay, had nothing to do with it. McDormand was just great, but you don’t need to minimize the work of others to make that point.

Who hired Zhao sir? McDormand picked and financially backed her collaborator. Her Oscar win for acting is also acknowledgement of this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Who hired Zhao sir? McDormand picked and financially backed her collaborator. Her Oscar win for acting is also acknowledgement of this.

Nomadland would never have won Best Picture without McDormand’s multiple contributions, but she is not, as you wrote, the ”entire reason” the film won BP; film-making is a collaborative process, and the Director and Screenwriter are obviously key contributors to the success of the movie. Frances McDormand would probably be embarrassed by your take.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

McDormand is a legend and proves that you don’t have to do those awkward roundtable talks or go to idiot late night shows (like imbecile Colbert calling Isabelle Huppert, the french Meryl Streep).

She’s above all that and I’m proud of it, as a fan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I do think McDormand was going to win a 3rd acting Oscar but I did not know this soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

It seems No Campaigning only works with Legends. Young women need to be campaigning A LOT. I remember DiCaprio campaigned TOO MUCH for his Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Mark Rylance also managed to win Best Supporting Actor for Bridge of Spies back in 2015 despite not having done any campaigning at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Mark Rylance also managed to win Best Supporting Actor for Bridge of Spies back in 2015 despite not having done any campaigning at all.

He was the biggest legend in theater. Again, it seems No Campaigning only works with Legends

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.