Home Forums Movies Favorite Female Hero of 1991

Favorite Female Hero of 1991

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
ENGLAND
Favorite Female Hero of 1991
Clarice Starling (played by Jodie Foster)
Thelma Dickinson (played by Geena Davis in "Thelma & Louise")
Sarah Conner (played by Linda Hamilton in "Terminator: Judgement Day")
Belle (voiced by Paige O'Hara in "Beauty and the Beast")
Louise Sawyer (played by Susan Sarandon in "Thelma & Louise")
Other
  • ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Wanted to start a discussion on the Year for female heroes. I know I could have used the term heroine, but chose not to. These are 5 feminist characters that stand out from the 90s, and are probably considered to be the most iconic of that decade. If there is someone missing, I’d like to know who. I wanted to add Catwoman (played by Michelle Pfeiffer, but that film came out in 1992.

For me, hero does not have to be the one to save the day, but a hero can also be a representation of going against the grain for reasons of making changes. Also, for me, a hero can be someone that simply tries to be a good person, but they are forced to overcome man obstacles brought upon by others. I know the women above have all been seen as some sort of feminist icon. Again, if you disagree with my choices, let me know.

Who is your favorite?

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Sarah Conner is my favorite. Linda Hamilton truly gave the best performance of the bunch. Great job remembering to include Belle!

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Sarah Conner is my favorite. Linda Hamilton truly gave the best performance of the bunch. Great job remembering to include Belle!

Thanks…
    I agree about Hamilton. I don’t understand her snub. It’s like Pam Grier in Jackie Brown. I thought Linda was incredible in the first Terminator too.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  ENGLAND.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.