Home Forums Movies Favourite Track from a 2020 Film Score?

Favourite Track from a 2020 Film Score?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Nameizmann
Calvin
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWVP1wquwQ

Sony Soundtracks released two of Minari‘s tracks today and I’m so glad this was one of them. The way this score is used especially in that scene of Jacob crouching in the fields smoking is beautiful.

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Hope Minari follows Marriage Story and snags Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Screenplay and Score (+ director, editing please)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Hope Minari follows Marriage Story and snags Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Screenplay and Score (+ director, editing please)

God that would be perfection. I’m predicting it for Score and Supporting Actress currently, but Screenplay becomes ever more likely with every passing day. Likewise for the rest (directing and especially editing is a HUGE long shot though, the latter being one of the most underrated aspects of the film).

FYC:

Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The film was meh but “I Love My Mother” and”The Story of Wendy” from Wendy are great.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

God that would be perfection. I’m predicting it for Score and Supporting Actress currently, but Screenplay becomes ever more likely with every passing day. Likewise for the rest (directing and especially editing is a HUGE long shot though, the latter being one of the most underrated aspects of the film).

Yeah, I’m hoping Minari turns out to be a Top 3 contender so that it can sneak into editing based on the strength of the film itself (King’s Speech, Green Book, etc)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

If we’re talking about the instrumental score: Posterity from Tenet. I’ve seen the trailer a million times when it was one of the few ones shown in theaters and I’ll always remember that it’s from this very movie.
    If it’s about songs it would be Boxes of Bush from The Gentlemen. It’s not only a hysterical scene, the song is just a banger.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Minari‘s music is sublime. Goosebumps with every track. It’s my personal pick for the Oscars. Soul also has a beautiful score and it would be such a rare pick for the Academy so I’d like to see that happening.

I can’t think of a lot of memorable scores from last year. I liked Mank‘s quite a lot. Ammonite too.

“What a Life” in Another Round is without a doubt my favourite use of music by any film in 2020, that ending scene is unforgettable.

Promising Young Woman also did a great job using songs. That ending scene with “Angel of the Morning” *chef kiss*

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

The film was meh but “I Love My Mother” and”The Story of Wendy” from Wendy are great.

Benh Zeitlin’s films two out of two for film scores (incidentally how on earth was Beasts of the Southern Wild snubbed back in the day?)

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

My favorite track from 2020 is “End Titles” by James Newton Howard from News of the World. It’s such a beautiful score overall, and sounded absolutely wonderful in the cinema…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Definitely “Epiphany” from Soul

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Regina King (Best Director), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Leslie Odom Jr. (Best Supporting Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.