Joined:Jan 1st, 1970Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 5:16 am #1204833363This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Joined:Jan 1st, 1970Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 5:33 am #1204833387This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Elsa KorrJoined:Oct 16th, 2020Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 6:23 am #1204833433
1. The time she gets baity role next time around
3. Not really
4. They are one of the strangest precursors with noms like Leto, Amy Adams (for HE) and Amy Adams while having Lupita for Us
5. They eventually will in the future
6. Hell no, they were undeveloped back in their twillight days. Even until now, they have yet to reach that level and their ceiling is lower than that
7. 1917, The Father
9. She’s great although the only one who has idea to use her properly is Sam Levinson, for the better or worse
10. Nah, Carey Mulligan and Chadwick Boseman last year
11. Anna Paquin oscar win
12. She did too much mainstream studio/blockbuster films in her prime without balancing it with more artsy films save for few exceptions although her Diana biopic is what really sets her back
13. Sydney Sweeney, Tom Holland
14. Thomasin McKenzie, Nicholas HoultReplyCopy URL
Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins
VictorVincentJoined:Feb 10th, 2022Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 9:21 am #1204833528
Post random film questions here. Any facts. I’ll start. Give me your opinions on–
1. When will Glenn close win her Oscar?
2. Will the golden globes ever recover?
3. The critics choice predicted Spotlight and the departed when no other body did. Do we take them seriously?
4. Is Sag just a copycat like Critics Choice?
5. Will Leo and Kate ever work together?
6. Is Pattinson and Stewart the new Leo-Kate or Hepburn-Tracy
7. What was second for Best Picture after Parasite and Nomadland?
8. In how many years will Kate Winslet become a Dame?
9. Is Zendaya a good actress?
10. Does gold Derby and twitter have any influence on the Oscar results?
11. Biggest Oscar shock of all time?
12. Why is Noami Watts not getting the roles Kidman and Blanchett are?
13. Most overrated actor and actress.
14. Most underrated actor and actress.
1 Not a clue
2 Sure they’ll recover in time. Though I find their journalists pretty embarrassing (I’m looking at you Margaret Gardner)
3 Pay no mind to what critics think.
4 I think SAG does their own thing.
5 I think Leo and Kate will work together again sooner than we think.
6 Nope. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling could be if they get some more nice material.
7 I’m guessing The Father
8 Not a clue
9 Personally I don’t think so. She seems to be a delightful human being in real life though.
10 I hope not. People tend to base their pics on statistics and narratives instead of trying to suss out which was the “best” (even though we’re comparing apples to oranges and maybe favourite is a better word than best).
11 In recent history, Olivia Colman winning over Glenn Close. Thought Close gave a beautifully nuanced performance – understated and restrained. Wasn’t a fan of Colman’s broad strokes approach. Not a fan of shouty performances in general (I’m looking at you Gary Oldman).
Also don’t know how Reese Witherspoon Walk the Line won over Charlize Theron North Country and Felicity Huffman Transamerica.
Of all time? Can’t think of one now.
12 Because of Hollywood’s hierarchy? They simply get first dibs maybe. Thought Naomi Watts brilliant in Penguin Bloom.
13 Armie Hammer, Chris Pine, Henry Cavill dull as dishwater. John David Washington. (used to not like Bradley Cooper, but loved him in Nightmare Alley). Gal Gadot.
14 Jesse Plemons, Kirsten Dunst, though I think that is changing. Ann Dowd. Aunjanue Ellis. David Alvarez.ReplyCopy URL
BabylonianJoined:Aug 16th, 2021Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 9:28 am #1204833532
The Globes are over. There’s no way they can come back from this next year. They will be more like the National Board of Review going forward.ReplyCopy URL
Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category
Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song
babypookJoined:Nov 4th, 2010Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 10:16 am #1204833561
1. Life achievement
2. Hope not. But short memories.
3. I did yes.
4. No. They’re voting for themselves.
5. Why not? Do they dislike each other now? Did I miss something?
6. Lol. NO.
7. Who knows…not me….
8. Within the next 2 years.
9. She’s not on my radar. Just don’t freaking know.
11.they still get ratings….
12. Personal choice.
13. Who the F knows. I don’t like Gaga though…
14. Hmm…well, hurray for Alan Tudyk! At long last….
* will the broadcast win its’ times lot?ReplyCopy URL
The Sunne in Splendour.
I prefer my roses white
Joined:Jan 1st, 1970Topics:Posts:March 6, 2022 at 11:21 am #1204833607This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.Not now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.