Home Forums Movies Furiosa (2023)

Furiosa (2023)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
LA26
boogiezen
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Today, a press conference was held in New South Wales, Australia where George Miller announced that filming would begin in the state this June. Anya Taylor-Joy will play the young Furiosa, and Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II are also a part of the film. The film will be released on June 23, 2023.

Source: https://deadline.com/2021/04/mad-max-spin-off-furiosa-prepping-new-south-wales-shoot-2022-australias-biggest-ever-1234739289/

I’ll be honest: I’m more open to Taylor-Joy playing Furiosa after seeing some of her work, but I still have conflicted feelings over the film and Charlize Theron being recast. I wish Miller was doing a straight sequel to MM: FR, but I trust his vision. For those who didn’t know: Jodie Comer was considered for Furiosa before Taylor-Joy was cast.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by LA26.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I personally wish Hemsworth wasn’t a part of this film. He’s not a good actor and hasn’t found success outside Marvel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I personally wish Hemsworth wasn’t a part of this film. He’s not a good actor and hasn’t found success outside Marvel.

This. The industry doesn’t know what do with him, trying to give him a hypermasculine movie star persona when he works best playing a himbo.

It’s no one wonder that his two most successful roles (as an actor) is him as a less-than-smart secretary (Ghostbusters) and a sexy flower power cult leader (El Royale).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

No one can replace Theron. She owned that character. Hopefully ATJ can somehow managed to make it her own, though it also depends on the writing. I’m also surprised with this prequel, Fury Road didn’t really break any box office record even though it was a critically success.

Miller described it as a saga.

But other articles mentioned that filming will begin next year because Miller is still in post production with Thousand Years of Longing or maybe it was just a typo?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

As much as I love ATJ, I think Jodie Comer would’ve been a better choice. I just can’t see Taylor Joy in this role.

And I really don’t care about this film. Theron is Furiosa.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

No one can replace Theron. She owned that character. Hopefully ATJ can somehow managed to make it her own, though it also depends on the writing. I’m also surprised with this prequel, Fury Road didn’t really break any box office record even though it was a critically success. Miller described it as a saga. But other articles mentioned that filming will begin next year because Miller is still in post production with Thousand Years of Longing or maybe it was just a typo?

AACTA’s official Twitter confirmed a June start: https://twitter.com/AACTA/status/1383999154544807936

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

AACTA’s official Twitter confirmed a June start: https://twitter.com/AACTA/status/1383999154544807936

It says here that filming starts next year.

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1384156078846394368?s=19

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Fury Road is One of The Greatest Action Masterpieces Of All Time. I adored it. This movie will be panned because everyone will be comparing it against Mad Max Fury Road

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Clarification: According to the Brisbane Times, Miller plans to shoot Furiosa in 2022 after he finishes post-production for Three Thousand Years of Longing: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/culture/movies/mad-max-is-back-with-a-new-movie-to-be-shot-in-nsw-20210419-p57kbr.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.