Home Forums Movies Glenn Close says Fernanda Montenegro should have won the Oscar in 1999

Glenn Close says Fernanda Montenegro should have won the Oscar in 1999

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
estrelas
gabspss
Lady Bird Ronan
Glenn Close says Fernanda Montenegro should have won the Oscar in 1999
Yes, Fernanda should have won
No, Fernanda should not have won
I have not watched Central Station, nor do I have plans to watch it
I have not wathed Central Station, but I wanna watch it
Just let me see the results
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I need to watch Central Station.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I need to watch Central Station.

And as soon as possible. You’re going to love the movie and especially Fernanda. It’s THAT good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Glenn Close did not shade Gwyneth. It’s only half a clip of what she was saying about “how performances are awarded at the Oscars” especially when they have sole nominations or stuff like that. She said winning an Oscar depends on several other things and not just the performance. It was not shade.

If it was not shade, it was certainly a strange example to use. She did say “it didn’t make any sense”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

So what if it was shade. She’s never been more right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Gwyneth’s win is already trashed by the media and even the Industry, so I wouldn’t give much attention to this. Also, people on social seem to be even more Team Glenn after her support towards Fernanda.

People from the Industry have said far worse things towards each other than this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

I am embarrassed to say that for YEARS, I only knew of Gwyneth Paltrow as a brand. I knew she was massively famous and what she looked like and what films she had been in etc, but I’d never watched any of her work. I had heard a lot of people say she’s out of touch with reality and crazy and only had a Hollywood career due to nepotism and never deserved her accolades…

In the past few years, I’ve seen several of her movies and I really dont understand why she has such a negative reputation as an actor. I think she is actually great and has an undeniable star presence and charisma. I couldn’t get into The Politician at all, but Paltrow was my favourite part (and Lange).

I wonder if people judge her due to how openly she states she doesn’t really care about acting or working. I love that about her. She doesn’t take herself seriously as a performer and lets natural talent do the talking.

Also, I’ve watched interviews with her and she seems really nice and engaging. She is not willing to pretend to be a lower class working girl who is struggling to pay the rent; she’s a wealthy business women and happy with that. I respect her hustle and lack of pretense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Glenn gives zero f***s at this point! The ultimate shade!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

one of the greatest actress tbh, she 100% should’ve won

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rosiepup
    Topics:

The Oscars just don’t care sometimes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

Montenegro wasn’t even nominated at SAG so her chances of a win were very slim.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

It’s clear that people spreading this news HAVE NOT SEEN THE INTERVIEW. Some people above are saying Popcorn with Peter Travers is a podcast? LOL It’s a talk show on ABC. This shows how dumb people are and they are ready to believe whatever they read on a viral tweet. Embarassing.

It’s a podcast and webcast on the ABC website and app its not a talk show on ABC.

https://abcnews.go.com/video/popcorn

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Montenegro wasn’t even nominated at SAG so her chances of a win were very slim.

She was a solid 3rd place. So many performances won without SAG nominations. And we know SAG are not much fans of Foreign Language Films, they snub ’em all the time.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

She was a solid 3rd place. So many performances won without SAG nominations. And we know SAG are not much fans of Foreign Language Films, they snub ’em all the time.

Actually I think only Marcia Gay Harden, Christoph Waltz and Regina King are the only people to win an Oscar without a SAG nomination first but you are right she was probably third. Streep and Watson weren’t happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Wow, some of you take this celebrity stuff…very seriously!

I promise that Glenn and Gwyneth will never know that you personally defended their honor online. They’re all bad people anyway lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

By the way, Fernanda thanked Glenn on her instagram earlier today.

LMAO! It’s so great that someone as big as Close acknowledges that Montenegro, not Blanchett, was the most deserving of 1998’s line-up.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.