Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: Film Reactions Thread

Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: Film Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,521 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ayanami
SHT L
PJ Edwards
  • Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Also, there is something up with Bohemian Rhapsody that’s happening here.

Besides its shocking win here at the Globes, it also got that shocking SAG ensemble nomination, and of course, it also made the line up for PGA. It’s also made a lot of money.

So basically, barring the critics, the HFPFA, Guilds and Audiences have been supporting the film. We probably should have seen this win coming in hindsight.

Also there is NO way it is missing Best Picture nomination at the Oscars now. I am also predicting it to get in for Costumes because it just makes sense now.

I’ll so be careful of discounting Malik at the Oscars since I think he is easily taking SAG and BAFTA as well.

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

I cannot believe Mahershawalla Ali is well on his way to winning his second Oscar. Like wtf? Please Timothy win sag or someone else stop this from happening that man did not deserve to win for moonlight let alone win another Osca while many respected actors haven’t even won one.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Bohemian Rhapsody is almost at 800M globally and Malek’s performance was acclaimed. The GP enjoyed the movie and Queen’s classics. The historical inaccuracies and a couple of meh scenes were overshadowed by the Live Aid scene. It is not a bad winner. Probably Black Panther was the runner up in votes so this is better. ASIB was not winning it. Can’t remember the other nominees.

Profile picture
    SHT L
    Topics:

LOL. Are you high? The Favourite has the most critics prizes for screenplay (original + adapted). It also made the top three at NSFC. It was also the runner-up at LAFCA. Both of those places, it was beaten by adapted screenplays. Smh.

Like I said, it lost awards. It didn’t win New York either.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Y’all go check the Golden Globe instagram page, fans are getting crazy.. every goddamn celebrity pictures, you’ll find them demanding Rami Malek to be posted.

Never let me reach that level of standom for anyone to where I flood an instagram  page demanding a picture (keep me in check).

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Bryan Singer as its director should automatically disqualify BR from any whiff of Oscar consideration.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I’ll be living in an alternative universe if on Oscar night first Oscars are given to Rami Malek and Lady Gaga while Mahershala Ali is receiving a second Oscar in 3 years.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I cannot believe Mahershawalla Ali is well on his way to winning his second Oscar. Like wtf? Please Timothy win sag or someone else stop this from happening that man did not deserve to win for moonlight let alone win another Osca while many respected actors haven’t even won one.

The category fraud is shameless btw.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Oh wow, I cannot believe I actually came 10th in the predictions. Whaaaat???

10th/3996 is probably the best I’ve ranked, given the number of people making predictions.

I got three wrong – Best Picture for Bohemian Rhapsody (such a disgraceful win), Screenplay for Green Book (how did Favourite lose here?), and Score for First Man (very deserving win I’m glad I got wrong).

Congratulations!

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

yes it’s crazy… even under lady gaga picture they’re demanding Rami Malek.

Lol the irony because she didn’t win (minus song) is too much.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

I was happy for literally any film in the best film- drama category to win except bohemian rhapsody. Rami deserves all the accolades but the film itself no way.

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Y’all go check the Golden Globe instagram page, fans are getting crazy.. every goddamn celebrity pictures, you’ll find them demanding Rami Malek to be posted.

Twitter went crazy with MALEK win, Bohemian Rhapsody mania as its best!

Almost 800M WW and tonights boost will make them bank more.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Coolcat
    Topics:

Remi Malek might win best actor at the oscars and I am so here for it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,521 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: Film Reactions Thread’ is closed to new replies.