Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations (Predict Now)

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations (Predict Now)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 165 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Harmon Van deth
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus, have they finally decided to snob comedy/musical categories? A Star Is Born probably had 7 GGs in the bag, a la La La Land if the HFPA love the film which I’m sure of, and now RIP. And Bohemian, Malek could easily win the Globe with Cooper out of the way. Jesus, what a mess of a year. I don’t even care anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

The Globes administration people get the final say though. They could still put them in musical/comedy if they want.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

A Star Is Born probably had 7 GGs in the bag, a la La La Land if the HFPA love the film which I’m sure of, and now RIP

What category is it that they can’t still win as a drama?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

What category is it that they can’t still win as a drama?

Drama Actress and maybe even Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>Drama Actress and maybe even Picture</p>

I think Colman would be bigger competition to Gaga than anyone in drama, and I think The Favourite and Vice were probably closer to ASIB than First Man, Beale Street and BlacKkKlansman will be. I also don’t think Cooper was a lock going up against Bale. ASIB’s biggest challenge will be winning screenplay and director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Studios going against fraud? Do I see it right? Something must be going wrong… Of course HFPA is gonna correct this “mistake” and fraud both into comedy/musical category even though they’re fucking dramas!

If it’s true good for FOX and WB! They know if you want to be treated seriously you have to compete in drama categories. No one cares about comedy/musical categories. Also poor Glenn… she’ll lose to fucking Germanotta! Bahaha

Yeah, they are actually both “drama. ”

Bye, Glenn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

The article also states HFPA is going to decide so it still does not matter.

Why am I not surprised that Lady Gaga is linked to this fraud, after all back in 2011 Billboard had to change its rules because of her to avoid albums sold at $0.99 during their debut week…

LMAO

Some haters keep distorting the truth to destroy Gaga’s reputation by saying something really stupid and subjective.

God bless Lady Gaga. You’re so strong and blessed that can still rise to the top/success after so many pathetic attacks and jealousy from other artists or the general people.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha 2.0
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope they put The Favourite trio in leading category because they have to fill the spots now. It would be so lovely to see girls together in the same category.

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I hope they put The Favourite trio in leading category because they have to fill the spots now. It would be so lovely to see girls together in the same category.</p>

I thought you hate Stone…

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha 2.0
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I thought you hate Stone…</p>

God no. I really like her. I just hate her in Shit Shit Land and I hate everything about Maniac.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I checked and both Garland and Streisand’s films went Musical at the Globes. I don’t see why this one is going drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

So Melissa is going drama ??? Hmmm
    I understand why they all want to go drama but it just seems odd. Colman and McCarthy could do vote splitting. I think Gaga takes it unless either the HFPA hates her and we know they don’t, or they aren’t sold on it winning for drama and vote for close

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  na digga.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The Musical/Comedy Actress category is just empty af rn. It’s Blunt & James left, if Colman goes lead and/or drama or supporting and Stone goes supporting. All articles say HFPA will have the final say so I don’t see them accepting all submission as is; they’ll probably push a drama actress back to comedy/musical or 2 The Favourite ones from supporting to lead or something.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I checked and both Garland and Streisand’s films went Musical at the Globes. I don’t see why this one is going drama.</p>

Strategy. ASIB would have obviously swept the comedy/musical categories, so WB is upping the ante and going in more competitive categories to gain more Oscar momentum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Strategy. ASIB would have obviously swept the comedy/musical categories, so WB is upping the ante and going in more competitive categories to gain more Oscar momentum.

Except I think the strategy is going to backfire, as Gaga and Cooper’s biggest competition are probably competing in Comedy (Colman and Bale).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.