Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 279 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
PJ Edwards
CitizenBlake
  • JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

I know Regina King is the frontrunner for Supporting Actress and Amy Adams is the frontrunner for Limited Series/TV Movie Actress but which one of them do you guys think is more likely to sweep both awards on the same night?

I think Regina King will win but Amy has all it takes to sweep both because of the surprise love for the film (resulting in a residual Rockwell nomination)

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people here underestimated Driver but I never took him out of my predictions. Kylo Ren is in for the Oscars lol

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like King is getting Supporting Actress for Beale Street but will lose her tv nomination and Adams will get her TV one. I don’t see either going home with two GG Awards. Only person I think will is Bradley Cooper

David Michael C. Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

Yvonne Strahovski’s dream has come true with her first Golden Globe Nomination for ‘The Handmaid’s Tale.’ Margot Robbie’s still fighting even if she didn’t earn one for ‘Mary, Queen of Scots.’

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

wow … sad that Black Panther took a spot from a more deserving and better film in the BP race … but otherwise not bad nominations

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Simon should have take a spot instead of Crazy Rich Asians in Best Movie Comedy/Musical.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

The only other film I could see having taken its place is First Man, which they obviously didn’t like. So, it’s not much of a stretch for BP to get in.

Nope. First Reformed, Widows, First Man and Boy Erased are better choices than Black Panther.

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t believe bohemian rhapsody took the place of first man and widows. Viola and Sam Elliot missing here was shocking.

NameTBD
    Participant
    Topics:

Happiest surprise was Dolly’s nomination. I know she doesn’t have a chance against Gaga’s hype, but still great to see.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

If I could vote:

Best Motion Picture – Drama: Bohemian Rhapsody
    Best Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical: Mary Poppins Returns
    Best Animated Feature: Isle Of Dogs
    Best Foreign Language Film: Roma
    Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Roma
    Best Actor – Drama: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
    Best Actress – Drama: Nicole Kidman, Destroyer
    Best Actor – Comedy/Musical: Viggo Mortensen, Green Book
    Best Actress – Comedy/Musical: Emily Blunt, Mary Poppins Returns
    Best Supporting Actor: (tie) Mahersala Ali, Green Book; and Timothee Chalamet, Beautiful Boy
    Best Supporting Actress: Emma Stone, The Favourite
    Best Screenplay: Green Book
    Best Original Score: Mary Poppins Returns
    Best Original Song: “Revelation”, Boy Erased

I just can’t break my tie for Supporting Actor! They were both so amazing!

Anonymous
    Topics:
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m glad for these nominees. It seems like there are some surprises. I hope the BFCA and SAG/PGA/DGA  also diverge from each other a bit as well leading up to Oscar. I have a feeling that if Amy Adams gets nominated for Vice from the Globes on, she’ll have the narrative to finally win one even over Regina King who is seemingly taking the critics’ awards that have been announced so far.

Oh, and glad to see Glenn Close NOT snubbed here. Depending on the age and gender of the majority of members of the HFPA, I actually CAN see Close beating out Lady Gaga in Best Actress. I don’t think it’s in the bag for Gaga to win this one yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.