Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 279 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
PJ Edwards
CitizenBlake
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can’t believe bohemian rhapsody took the place of first man and widows. Viola and Sam Elliot missing here was shocking.

I am so sad for Viola :(( hopefully she’ll have movies in the future that will bring her back to the awards circuit.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Simon should have take a spot instead of Crazy Rich Asians in Best Movie Comedy/Musical.

imo they both ought to have been nominated. I would take Vice out for Love, Simon.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Happiest surprise was Dolly’s nomination. I know she doesn’t have a chance against Gaga’s hype, but still great to see.

Dolly blew this race open. I could see them going for her over Gaga. Both equally deserving and iconic but Dolly is Dolly

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Good nominations overall but I don’t think the Oscars are going to be anything like it.

Coolcat
    Participant
    Topics:

Shocked about Ethan Hawke and Gosling snub
    Sad about Viola, I think she may be facing the Oscar Curse.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

RIP Widows and dat cast

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Me too.
    What a joke, two critally acclaimed movies lost their spot to this movie that received mixed reviews and been slammed for historical inaccuracies.

Two flops lost to one of the most successful movies of the year.

Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine voting for Crazy Rich Asians among all more deserving films

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

Me too. What a joke, two critally acclaimed movies lost their spot to this movie that received mixed reviews and been slammed for historical inaccuracies.

Is this your first time seeing the GG nominations? They have a mix of critically-acclaimed films and movies that people simply LOVE. Bohemian Rhapsody may not have had the critics, but it certainly had the box office AND the audience. It’s one of those movies that definitely appeals to the HFPA. The Globes don’t always go for high art, so in retrospect, though I was expecting Hawke and First Reformed to get in, I was not surprised it did not. HFPA are always on the more populist side of the awards pool. I don’t really respect them at all, but with that being said, I still feel that for the past few years or so, they’ve somehow made better choices for the actual winners than the Oscars.

Qiqi Berlianasari
    Participant
    Topics:

Woohoo! As expected….Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born 😁👍🏆.

100% Bradley Cooper for Best Actor- Drama. Viggo Mortensen for Best Actor- Comedy/Musical. Cooper or Cuaron for Best Director.  Grant for Best Supporting Actor. Weisz for Best Supporting Actress. I’m not sure with Gaga. I wolud love to see Glen Close winning. But i hope “Shallow” gets the love .

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine voting for Crazy Rich Asians among all more deserving films

Why not? There have been worse movies that have WON Best Picture at the Oscars.

LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d just like to sing praises for my two favorite nominations:

Elsie Fisher and Mirai!!

I know neither have a shot of winning, but I’m very happy to see both get recognized.

Meta culla
    Participant
    Topics:

A Quiet Place deserved Best Picture Drama over Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther.

Completely Agree.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.