Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 279 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
willd
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Every movie has missed somewhere except for Green Book which is very scary

Martin Cousineau
    Participant
    Topics:

Every movie has missed somewhere except for Green Book which is very scary

What has Vice missed?

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“A Star Is Born” missing Sam Elliott and screenplay is unexpected. Didn’t think Timothée Chalamet had a legitimate change after the poor reception for “Beautiful Boy.” Elliott’s frontrunner status is compromised now. Really wanted to see Ryan Coogler in Director, but I guess we’ll never get more than one token choice per year there. Congrats to Spike Lee all the same though. I wavered at HFPA “getting” “BlacKKKlansman” as being such a homegrown, American property. Washington and Driver both in is wonderful. Not surprised about “Widows” with its mixed reception. Claire Foy will be the sole representation of “First Man.” Still not paying my money to support “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Ethan Hawke not making it in Lead Actor Drama is a blow. That’s probably your Supporting Actress lineup. It’s CLOSE vs. GAGA vs. COLMAN to the finish now. Melissa McCarthy really needed this nomination, so good for her. No clue what “Stan & Ollie” is, but I can’t imagine that John C. Reilly was better there than in “The Sisters Brothers.” Yay for “Crazy Rich Asians”! I thought Kidman would get in for “Boy Erased” before “Destroyer.” Great Original Song nominees. They don’t go for rap often, so it’s nice to see “All the Stars” there. It’ll lose to “Shallow,” but still. More later.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

What has Vice missed?

AFI

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

imo they both ought to have been nominated. I would take Vice out for Love, Simon.

YOU HAVEN’T SEEN VICE. STOP TRASHING ON IT. YOU HAVE NO INDICATION THAT IT WILL BE BAD

kobi
    Blocked
    Topics:

“A Star Is Born” missing Sam Elliott and screenplay is unexpected. Didn’t think Timothée Chalamet had a legitimate change after the poor reception for “Beautiful Boy.” Elliott’s frontrunner status is compromised now. Really wanted to see Ryan Coogler in Director, but I guess we’ll never get more than one token choice per year there. Congrats to Spike Lee all the same though. I wavered at HFPA “getting” “BlacKKKlansman” as being such a homegrown, American property. Washington and Driver both in is wonderful. Not surprised about “Widows” with its mixed reception. Claire Foy will be the sole representation of “First Man.” Still not paying my money to support “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Ethan Hawke not making it in Lead Actor Drama is a blow. That’s probably your Supporting Actress lineup. It’s CLOSE vs. GAGA vs. COLMAN to the finish now. Melissa McCarthy really needed this nomination, so good for her. No clue what “Stan & Ollie” is, but I can’t imagine that John C. Reilly was better there than in “The Sisters Brothers.” Yay for “Crazy Rich Asians”! I thought Kidman would get in for “Boy Erased” before “Destroyer.” Great Original Song nominees. They don’t go for rap often, so it’s nice to see “All the Stars” there. It’ll lose to “Shallow,” but still. More later.

Elliot never been the frontrunner. ASIB in screenplay was unlikely.

TheBiggestRetiredFemaleMovieStarInTheWorld
    Participant
    Topics:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is our best “supporting” actress line-up right there. If Regina takes GG, she’s taking everything else. GG and BAFTA are gonna be the hardest to get for her. SAG is a given. Industry is just in love with her right now.

I guess A24 sent those gift bags too late. Shame cause Toni Collette needed that nomination.

That Cold War snub stings.

Going back to mourning. Will show up when another nominations drop.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO King is easily taking supporting actress, while Adams takes home the award for “Sharp Objects.”

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

smithmsu86
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually think Kidman gets in for Oscars with Boy Erased and not Destroyer. I can see her and Claire Foy being switched out with Academy members. GG put Foy in mainly due to their love of the Crown and clearly not for First Man. Just my thought. Would love to see Kidman in with double nods at Oscars but I know that is not happening. But still…Kidman will be in for one of them and likely for Boy Erased.

smithmsu86
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. Oscar winners:

Best Film: A Star is Born

Best Director: Spike Lee

Best Actor: Bradley Cooper

Best Actress: Glenn Close or Olivia Coleman

Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali

Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams or Regina King

But think Kidman gets a nomination somewhere…

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Elliot never been the frontrunner. ASIB in screenplay was unlikely.

Yes he was. Veteran beloved actor and never nominated could have coasted to a win with Globes/SAG backing.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any reason why Cold War was snubbed?

Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s CLOSE vs. GAGA vs. COLMAN to the finish now.

Why do people on this site keep predicting Colman? Blunt has a Best Actress nomination too and her movie is nominated for Best Picture also. The only sure bets for Oscar nods are Close and Gaga. The other 3 spots are open, and Blunt is likely to get a spot since she had a mini “banner year” this year.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 6 hours ago by  Jazzy.
    FYC...Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie - Leave No Trace
    kobi
    Blocked
    Topics:

Yes he was. Veteran beloved actor and never nominated could have coasted to a win with Globes/SAG backing.

Beloved?? not that much apparently.

smithmsu86
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree minus Foy. Feel like Kidman will be switched out with her at Oscars but King or Adams will take home award.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.