Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 279 total)
Created
4 days ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
willd
  • Coolcat
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn Close and Robert Redford are beloved actors not Sam. Reason why he didn’t show up in the supporting category.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people on this site keep predicting Colman? Blunt has a Best Actress nomination too and her movie is nominated for Best Picture also. The only sure bets for Oscar nods are Close and Gaga. The other 3 spots are open, and Blunt is likely to get a spot since she had a mini “banner year” this year.

If you have to ask why Colman is an Oscar frontrunner this year, then there’s not much to be said to you besides get a clue already.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks

Best drama A Star is Born

Best actor drama, Bradley Cooper

Best actress drama, Lady Gaga or Nicole Kidman

Best musical/comedy ,Mary Poppins Returns

Best musical/comedy actor, Christian Bale

Best actress musical/comedy, 100% Emily Blunt.

I’m surprised they didn’t push Emma Stone to lead. Happy Viola deservedly got snubbed

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

kobi
    Blocked
    Topics:

Glenn Close and Robert Redford are beloved actors not Sam. Reason why he didn’t show up in the supporting category.

Thank you, Sweetie..
    and honestly I couldn’t care less about him getting snubbed.

kobi
    Blocked
    Topics:

About the Oscars, I’m not going to get excited too early… we’ve 10 slots at the Globes but only 5 at the Oscars, I’ll eliminate one by one, till I get my 5 actresses for the Oscars.

With the SAG and CC awards nods, things should get clearer…

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t look too deeply into the GG nom list except 6 categories ( “best film” “best leading actor/actress”)

For example: 1.”Get Out” and “CMBYN” were not nominated in GG best screenplay last year lol.

2.The Post got 6 noms in GG

• This reply was modified 3 days, 15 hours ago by  Marcus.H.
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Lanthimos missing in Director is horrible. Just noticed that.

Surprise nod for Pike? I could have easily seen “A Private War” and didn’t. Oh well. Cheers all the same to her!

Filmatelist
    Participant
    Topics:

There isn’t a big enough eye roll for this. 100 foreign journalists don’t vote him in and he’s not “beloved”? He isn’t an icon, but if Robert Forster could nab an Oscar nod (for a film that got zero other nods), Elliott shouldn’t have any problem doing it. He’s Hollywood royalty–not in the paparazzi/red carpet sense, but because he & his wife have been in the industry forever and he’s seen as a reliable workhorse, the kind of actor that never gets enough credit for always being terrific. This is a setback in optics only. Will he win? Who knows, but there really is no front-runner in this category now.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no problem with Sam Elliot missing out. I didn’t feel his performance and couldn’t even hear all he was saying as his voice sounded too broad. The reason he’s been getting attention is cos he’s in a best picture front-runner

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I suspect Elliott still makes the SAG and Oscar cuts but Ali sure is looking stronger than ever for Oscar #2.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Laughing at the happiness of Elliott not getting the nom – people, he gave the best performance in that film, which wasn’t hard to do.

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

A Star is Born got the same number of nominations at 5 as the 1976 version in almost the same categories (just change Musical/Comedy to Drama) except 2018 was nominated for Best Director as opposed to Best Score. The 1954 version won Best Actor and Actress in a Musical/Comedy. There were no nominees back then apparently.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

There isn’t a big enough eye roll for this. 100 foreign journalists don’t vote him in and he’s not “beloved”? He isn’t an icon, but if Robert Forster could nab an Oscar nod (for a film that got zero other nods), Elliott shouldn’t have any problem doing it. He’s Hollywood royalty–not in the paparazzi/red carpet sense, but because he & his wife have been in the industry forever and he’s seen as a reliable workhorse, the kind of actor that never gets enough credit for always being terrific. This is a setback in optics only. Will he win? Who knows, but there really is no front-runner in this category now.

MS

Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Drama: A Star Is Born

Best Actress: Drama: Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born

Best Actor: Drama: Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born

Best Musical/Comedy: Mary Poppins Returns

Best Actress: Musical/Comedy:  Emily Blunt, Mary Poppins Returns

Best Actor: Musical/Comedy: Christian Bale, Vice

Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, Green Book

Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, Vice

Best Director: Alfanso Cuaron, Roma

Best Screenplay: If Beale Street Could Talk

Best Animated: Spider Man: Into The Spider Verse

Best Foreign: Roma

Best Song; Shallow, A Star Is Born

Best Score: First Man

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

That Portman snub for Pike is horrendous

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.