Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 279 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
willd
  • Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

It may seem minor but I’m actually pressed at Beale Street missing Best Score

And no Lanthimos for Best Director ? Yikes

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Seven.
    Thomas Eagan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hard to believe how Gold Derby has dropped Lucas Hedges to a ranking of 32 for Boy Erased. Congrats Lucas on your Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor in a drama.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Thomas Eagan.
    Thomas Eagan
    Participant
    Topics:

This time next week we will certainly know a whole lot more about who the Oscar nominees will be.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Thomas Eagan.
    BigFish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised Lucas Hedges makes the cut. Haven’t seen the movie but Ethan Hawke seems having more buzz than his performance. I’m shocked by inclusion of Bohemian Rhapsody. I really enjoyed the movie, but I thought it would be snubbed since critics hated it. I hate Roma couldn’t be nominated for Best Drama since I think it’s one of the best movie I’ve ever seen, but happy at least it got nods for Best Directors and Best Foreign.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^BigFish, Roma was ineligible for Best Motion Picture – Drama, which is why it wasn’t nominated there but was for Best Foreign Language Film.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Funny how King and Adams are competing in two categories. Will they spread the love or will one of them completely stomp on the other ?

King is the frontrunner but the Globes usually choose the bigger star so this will be an interesting showdown

• This reply was modified 5 days, 2 hours ago by  Seven.
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Participant
    Topics:

Alright so, given that every Best Picture Drama nominee this year missed out on something or the other, do we have our potential Best Picture Oscar winner in Roma/Vice/Green Book? Since every BP winner has had Director and Screenplay GG noms to go with it ever since the preferential ballot.

Although of course, Green Book has that NBR curse to it as well.

Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, had Lanthimos not missed out on that Director nom, The Favourite would’ve certainly solidified its Best Picture status.

Drew Williams
    Participant
    Topics:

Very disappointed Nicole Kidman was not in the supporting actresses announced today. She must of been # 6 or #7 on the list. But kudos for her Destroyer nod.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Vice or Green Book?

Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

I am very disappointed that First Man did so poorly, especially missing out for Gosling, but I am holding out hope at a comeback at other awards shows!

Shutouts for Mary Queen of Scots and On The Basis of Sex also seem odd, but I haven’t had the chance to see them, or actually most contenders yet considering how many December releases are getting attention this year, so I am curious if they are disappointing films or just happened to miss out.

The comedy categories ran much truer to form, but that is probably because there were fewer contenders there overall. I’m glad for the strong Vice showing, especially considering all of the Bush attention this week, but am also curious if that one lives up to the hype for me. I am also now interested to see Stan and Ollie to see if Nick Robinson was left out for being less of a name or if Reilly really gave a better performance.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 1 hour ago by  Nate.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 1 hour ago by  Nate.
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

@atypical, may I ask what is your problem with Bohemian Rhapsody? Is it the decision to retcon Freddie’s sexuality?

Filmatelist
    Participant
    Topics:

The comedy categories ran much truer to form, but that is probably because there were fewer contenders there overall. I’m glad for the strong Vice showing, especially considering all of the Bush attention this week, but am also curious if that one lives up to the hype for me. I am also now interested to see Stan and Ollie to see if Nick Robinson was left out for being less of a name or if Reilly really gave a better performance.

Of course, having A STAR IS BORN in the Drama Category instead of the Musical one is preposterous along the lines of considering THE MARTIAN a comedy. And to a lesser extent, the same applies to BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

How are they any less a musical than LA LA LAND, INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, NINE, LA VIE EN ROSE, DREAMGIRLS, WALK THE LINE, RAY or DE-LOVELY (none of which you could consider a “comedy”)?

It’s absurd.

marchingwizard
    Participant
    Topics:

I am very disappointed that First Man did so poorly, especially missing out for Gosling, but I am holding out hope at a comeback at other awards shows! Shutouts for Mary Queen of Scots and On The Basis of Sex also seem odd, but I haven’t had the chance to see them, or actually most contenders yet considering how many December releases are getting attention this year, so I am curious if they are disappointing films or just happened to miss out. The comedy categories ran much truer to form, but that is probably because there were fewer contenders there overall. I’m glad for the strong Vice showing, especially considering all of the Bush attention this week, but am also curious if that one lives up to the hype for me. I am also now interested to see Stan and Ollie to see if Nick Robinson was left out for being less of a name or if Reilly really gave a better performance.

First Man’s poor box office results sort of hurt it but it will definitely be back with more Oscar noms, for things like visual effects and sound.

Both Mary Queen of Scots and On the Basis of Sex have died out ever since they screened at the AFI Fest. Critics thought they were OK movies but not great.

I personally saw Mary Queen of Scots at the AFI Fest. I thought it was ok too but the story felt too long, like a TV series crammed into 2 hours and it wasn’t engaging the audience until the middle. I thought the performances from Ronan and Robbie were amazing, as you would expect, but I never really thought they had a chance against the other stronger competitors in other films this year.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Portman calling out the HFPA last year for not nominating a single female director rubbed them off the wrong way so they went with someone else lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.