Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
willd
  • JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Rosamund Pike secretly a bigger contender than she has been given credit for? She’s not exactly an A-list star and she managed to knock out Julia Roberts, who seemed to be a lock for the Golden Globes. Pike gives a stellar performance and beat out Davis, Yalitza, and Julia…

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  JROCK1772.
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Rosamund Pike secretly a bigger contender than she has been given credit for? She’s not exactly an A-list star and she managed to knock out Julia Roberts, who seemed to be a lock for the Golden Globes. Pike gives a stellar performance and beat out Davis, Yalitza, and Julia…

She knocked out Portman as well, who many predicted to be nominated after HFPA switched her category.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree. A Star is Born will probably end up winning more Oscars than both of those latter films combined.

American Hustle and Boyhood won a total of 1 oscar combined so obviously, lol

I could see ASIB pulling a Lincoln. Tons of nominations (10-12+) but eventually only one above-the-line award that was on lock during the whole season (Actor) and 1-2 other minor wins

Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m also thinking the same thing, but I understand the misses of all those that you mention. Julia had her Television nomination, so she was showing up anyway. Yalitza is an unknown prior to Roma, which goes against the Globes star-fucking policy. And Davis, even though I enjoyed Widows, is doing something very similar to what she does on HTGAWM. Plus I feel like her star-power is overestimated. If you look at her prior non-tv nominations, she was never the “star” of the movie. All of the movies she was nominated for had at least one name bigger than herself in a more substantiated role. Widows is the first time she’s been the biggest name in a lead role. Apparently, they don’t love her as much as we thought.

However, Pike did get in over Collette (equal in name-power as Pike), Ronan (bigger name), and Portman (huge name) in addition to the names you mentioned.

Also, I haven’t seen the film yet, but Pike does look fire in her film, based off of the trailer. Maybe not Oscar, but I can definitely see her showing up at either SAG or BAFTA.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

This is just GG and we all know the difference between it and Oscars.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

A full day has past and I’m still bummed that Michelle Yeoh and Nick Robinson got snubbed

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree with the panel on the Golden Globes Gold Derby video yesterday who were downplaying the two snubs (Sam Elliott and Best Screenplay) for A Star is Born. I think it indicates that they may choose something else for Best Motion Picture – Drama – perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part, but I certainly hope so. If there is enough passion for all five films within their ranks then a different film can slip through and eke out a win.

Does their theory that Ethan Hawke wasn’t nominated because he’s an east coast actor hold true from past experience? IDK the answer to that question but it’s an interesting theory.

I hope Vice goes 0 for 6. I want Mary Poppins Returns to win. (and I would be happy if Green Book were to win).

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact she was able to get in over those other ladies is probably the win for her. And that film only got one other nomination. It’s either Gaga or Close.

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree with the panel on the Golden Globes Gold Derby video yesterday who were downplaying the two snubs (Sam Elliott and Best Screenplay) for A Star is Born. I think it indicates that they may choose something else for Best Motion Picture – Drama – perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part, but I certainly hope so. If there is enough passion for all five films within their ranks then a different film can slip through and eke out a win. Does their theory that Ethan Hawke wasn’t nominated because he’s an east coast actor hold true from past experience? IDK the answer to that question but it’s an interesting theory. I hope Vice goes 0 for 6. I want Mary Poppins Returns to win. (and I would be happy if Green Book were to win).

ASIB is still the front runner even without those two nominations. If it were to lose, I guess BlackKklansman could take it. I mean, they did nominate Adam Driver over Sam Elliot. But ASIB will most likely lose Best Director which leaves it with 4 wins and I think that’s a good amount for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.