Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 405 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Matthew anzal..
The One and O..
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Every Oscar winner from this past February also prevailed at January’s Golden Globe Awards. They have had a terrific track record in recent years, but these Hollywood Foreign Press voters were absolutely perfect at the 2019 ceremony. How well will they do at the 2020 event on NBC? Jump into our Gold Derby predictions center event now and make your nominee predictions in 10 film categories!

The Golden Globes split up their nominees into drama and comedy/musical categories. Rami Malek (“Bohemian Rhapsody”) and Glenn Close (“The Wife”) won the drama acting categories, while Christian Bale (“Vice”) and Olivia Colman (“The Favourite”) took home the comedy prizes. The two supporting champs were Mahershala Ali (“Green Book”) and Regina King (“If Beale Street Could Talk”). Malek, Colman, Ali and King then won at the Academy Awards a few weeks later.

“Green Book” triumphed at the Globes for Best Comedy/Musical Film and then won the Oscar for Best Picture. The biggest shocker at the Golden Globes was “Bohemian Rhapsody” taking the top drama film award.

Now take a look through our 10 categories in the predictions center event and make your early picks. Keep in mind that the placements in genre and for lead/supporting are based on current information. Studios and campaigners might still make changes over the next few weeks.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy is so empty

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Are Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Farewell, and Hustlers not competing in Comedy? If so, those categories are going to be fucking desserts.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Adam Driver, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Actress: Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o
    S. Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell, Al Pacino, Alan Alda
    S. Actress: Laura Dern, Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s literally nobody to put in the comedy acting categories 😂. Bombshell Comedy tho? I didn’t realise a bunch of women taking on their boss after years of harassment is such a funny story. I guess Theron will pull a Colman and win over Renée. It’s between the 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s literally nobody to put in the comedy acting categories 😂. Bombshell Comedy tho? I didn’t realise a bunch of women taking on their boss after years of harassment is such a funny story. I guess Theron will pull a Colman and win over Renée. It’s between the 2.

It’s a mess. They will have to drag in women from the street.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Weren’t they considering placing Rachel Getting Married in comedy due to a perceived dearth of films?
    Yup Rachel was a real knee-slapper.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bombshell isn’t a hit, is Emma Thompson winning? I hadn’t realised how dead that category was

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

If the Globes prediction center is any indication, this year is high-grade trash for film. They might as well as put honorable mentions for people who don’t even have movies out as nominations to fill out the Comedy category lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

A24 is stupid if they don’t campaign The Farewell in Comedy. Awkwafina would easily win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Jeez, comedy is barren as hell. I wonder if Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding can sneak in after all for “Last Christmas” (which is not in the predictions center at all).

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Also there’s no way Sony is sending all its three ponies to Drama. Little Women or OUATiH will go Comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

“Us” needs to seize the opportunity right now and switch to comedy. It could get into best comedy film and Nyong’o would be a shoo-in. Please do that. The movie has enough laughs to switch to comedy.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I have yet to see Hustlers and I didn’t find The Farewell very funny.
    Hmmmm….

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

A24 is robbing awkwafina of an easy win

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

My comedy predictions aredown in the toliet. Well time to predict cats.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 405 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.