Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 414 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Matthew_anzal..
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I just can’t imagine cats making it. It’s received nothing but hate since that trailer, and the argument that it’ll get in because its a musical doesn’t work since Rocketman is a musical and clearly a stronger contender. The Globes have nominated bad films here before, but have they ever nominated something as disliked as Cats?

Why is it disliked? The music? fatigue? lol. I don’t have any idea.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Why do you say this? Why must it be bad? lol. Curious as heck

The CGI! It was awful and laughable.

Wait until it’s released first, remember when everybody and their granny thought Chicago was gonna be a mess.

True.. But my intuition is telling me to not waste my money on Cats!

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

True.. But my intuition is telling me to not waste my money on Cats!

lol. ok

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

lol. ok

I feel like the trailer told me everything I needed to know, though.. If it’s so important then I’ll go see it in a week or two and tell y’all what I think!

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I feel like the trailer told me everything I needed to know, though.. If it’s so important then I’ll go see it in a week or two and tell y’all what I think!

I have no idea what to think. My doubts lay mostly with Hooper, although he’s proven his mettle before.
    The main reason I want to see it is for Ansel Elgort. Not only do I find him easy on the eyes, but he’s a fabulous actor and finally in films I can stomach…hopefully.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

The Tourist? Nine? But Cats is just on a whole new level of bad..

The Tourist came to mind, but like you said, Cats is on another level.

Why is it disliked? The music? fatigue? lol. I don’t have any idea.

Because it had one of the worst trailers of all time. As soon as people saw those CG cats, the hate was enormous and pretty much universal. There are other factors in play. The last time Hooper directed a musical lead to an extremely divisive film (and Les Mis is much more beloved than Cats) and several extremely questionable casting decisions (Swift, Wilson, Derulo) are big ones. The film also won’t be able to rely on the success and popularity of the original musical, as it’s much very less popular now than it originally was. They also won’t be able to rely on the big names in the cast, as many fans of these actors will likely not want to see them look like horrifying cats for 2 hours.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Because it had one of the worst trailers of all time. As soon as people saw those CG cats, the hate was enormous and pretty much universal. There are other factors in play. The last time Hooper directed a musical lead to an extremely divisive film (and Les Mis is much more beloved than Cats) and several extremely questionable casting decisions (Swift, Wilson, Derulo) are big ones. The film also won’t be able to rely on the success and popularity of the original musical, as it’s much very less popular now than it originally was. They also won’t be able to rely on the big names in the cast, as many fans of these actors will likely not want to see them look like horrifying cats for 2 hours.

I remember the reaction here to Les Mis. Jackman is in it, and I knew it was going to be hated. lol. Personally I love the music and wasn’t disappointed.

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

I think they are just gonna push the song so Taylor Swift can follow the footsteps of a certain someone.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

I think they are just gonna push the song so Taylor Swift can follow the footsteps of a certain someone.

Who? Adele?

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I mean it got hate for the cgi cats and stuff but has anyone actually seen the movie to say it is an actual bad movie? For all it’s worth it could be a solid 6.5 or 7 instead of being an actual bad movie

But the awful CGI alone will make it a terrible movie if you have to stare at those eyesores the entire time. Just look at the new Sonic film. The trailers graduated from “horrible” to “dumb fun” just by making Sonic’s design so much better.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

With TS releasing her original song tomorrow, I’d expect the 2nd trailer soon…

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Succession
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

Theres is not a public nominations ballot with all the people who is on the race like in the Emmys, right?

Ex: https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/ballots/performer-2019-v1-ballot.pdf

FYC Emmys 2020:
    Sienna Miller - The Loudest Voice
    Anne Hathaway - Modern Love
    Zoë Kravitz - High Fidelity

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Proud papa

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/entertainment/2019/11/15/1_4686964.html

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Proud papa https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/entertainment/2019/11/15/1_4686964.html

Paris is hot. Sorry not sorry.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)’ is closed to new replies.