Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 414 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Matthew anzal..
The One and O..
  • Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Can we get Roman Griffin Davis in under Best Actor Comedy or Musical? With JoJo Rabbit being the frontrunner in C/M Best Picture, I think he might become a frontrunner in that basically empty category. I could see him winning with the film ala Saoirse Ronan with Lady Bird.

I don’t think the category is empty at all (Murphy, Price, Egerton, Sandler, Craig is a pretty formidable lineup), but Davis would be an extremely worthy nominee. If HFPA loves “Jojo Rabbit,” it could happen. I see Davis following more of a Jacob Tremblay trajectory where he maybe sneaks into SAG individual as his most major recognition of the season.

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Davis can get nominated but he won’t win even if the film does. Unfortunately the role isn’t as dramatic or baity as Tremblay so I’m not sure he will even get a sag nom. And 2015 was a really weak year for best actor, while this year is the opposite. He’s so good though, I’m truly stanning him this year.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Hoping that Constance Wu gets nominated here because her getting nothing all season for Hustlers would be heartbreaking.

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

I actually think his role is significantly baitier than Tremblay’s and I think he acts circles around him.  Davis feels closer to Osment for The Sixth Sense and Justin Henry for Kramer v Kramer.  Performances that aren’t just good for coming from kids.

But this performance is comedic, and he’s hilarious but the Oscars don’t like comedic performances. And yeah he does have more dramatic moments and he’s very good in them but their rather subtle moments and there aren’t a lot of them. He doesn’t have a big dramatic Oscar scene like Henry and Osment.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Bloody Hell,OUATIH is in Drama?

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Apparently. Sony would be stupid not to change it to comedy though.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Murphy, Price, Egerton, Sandler, Craig is a pretty formidable lineup

Craig might not even be nominated though if Lionsgate doesn’t push Knives Out. Also I’ve heard from critics that Ana de Armas is the real lead, and he has more of a supporting role. So that does leave a potential spot open for Davis (unless OUATIH goes comedy).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Mason
    Topics:

Told you Tarantino usually goes Drama at the Globes and that it will be the same this time.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Apparently. Sony would be stupid not to change it to comedy though.

I think it will be comedy by the time comes.Golden Globes have been weird so who can tell.

Green Book was a Comedy
    The Martian was a Comedy

By this merit,OUATIH can be Drama.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I’m more confused by how Little Women isn’t a comedy.

Why? It’s a story that’s been around for quite some time, and I’ve never heard it described as a comedy.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Ultimately one of the two biggest pushes from sony need to go to comedy in order to avoid vote splitting. My money is still on OUATIH going comedy.

Profile picture
    HawkWD
    Topics:

Is Thomasin McKenzie going lead or supporting?

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Thomasin is going supporting.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

So for actress races, if there’s two comedy locks (Theron and Awkwafina) and three drama locks (Johannson, Ronan, Zellweger) are the other two drama slots just going to two of Nyongo, Woodard, or Erivo? Is there literally anyone else that could show up on the drama side besides those previously mentioned and maaaaaybe Mirren?

On the comedy side, there’s way more potential contenders who won’t be Oscar factors but make perfect sense here: Thompson, Booksmart ladies, Jillian Bell, Francesca Hayward, double Charlize, Ana de Armas if she’s going lead…

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

So for actress races, if there’s two comedy locks (Theron and Awkwafina) and three drama locks (Johannson, Ronan, Zellweger) are the other two drama slots just going to two of Nyongo, Woodard, or Erivo? Is there literally anyone else that could show up on the drama side besides those previously mentioned and maaaaaybe Mirren?

In likelihood
    • Elisabeth Moss could be this year’s Pike (critically adored by vastly under-seen)
    • Constance Wu is a good option depending on how much they love Hustlers.
    • Jodie Turner Smith is getting a lot of good early notices for Queen & Slim.
    • Julianne Moore is drama for Gloria Bell (which is a choice) but she’s Julianne so; • The HFPA Love Amazon on the TV side don’t know if the love extended to film but I’d keep Felicity Jones possibility open.

On the comedy side, there’s way more potential contenders who won’t be Oscar factors but make perfect sense here: Thompson, Booksmart ladies, Jillian Bell, Francesca Hayward, double Charlize, Ana de Armas if she’s going lead…

Another one of those contenders at the Globes is Dakota Johnson for Peanut Butter Falcon. She’s super famous, is a legacy, in a popular “little indie that could” film (it’s outgrossed The Farewell for perspective) and is a “cool” choice that they get to first since AMPAS won’t be touching the film with a ten foot pole.

There’s also a precedent for this with Hailee Steinfeld in The Edge of Seventeen so Johnson’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2020 Film Nominations (Make Your Predictions Today!)’ is closed to new replies.