Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Nominee Reactions

Golden Globes 2021 Film Nominee Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

The categories with most polarized predictions from experts rn:

1. Drama Actor
    Boseman/Hopkins

2. Comedy Actor
    SBC/Lin Manuel Miranda

3. Supporting Actor
    Kaluuya/SBC

4. Supporting Actress
    Close/Colman/Seyfried

5. Score
    Mank/Soul

6. Foreign Language
    Minari/Another Round

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I don’t get people predicting Hopkins. Is it that he’s never won a Golden Globe? Do people think the Golden Globe keeps track of who has won a Golden Globe? Or how many one has? They don’t, and I’d be willing to bet most Academy voters wouldn’t know either. The only reason the Oscars know who has won and who hasn’t is when overdue narratives emerge. But that doesn’t exist at the Globes.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I feel like with every news story what the best prediction for what the globes will go for is what a crusty out of touch person would vote for. I’m expecting a huge night for the trial of the Chicago 7, complete with a Sacha baron Cohen win and a director win.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    themask
    Topics:

I don’t get people predicting Hopkins. Is it that he’s never won a Golden Globe? Do people think the Golden Globe keeps track of who has won a Golden Globe? Or how many one has? They don’t, and I’d be willing to bet most Academy voters wouldn’t know either. The only reason the Oscars know who has won and who hasn’t is when overdue narratives emerge. But that doesn’t exist at the Globes.

Or it’s because he’s been getting career-best reviews and his film has been more lauded than the other actor contenders?

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Final predictions

Motion Picture Drama: The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Motion Picture Musical or Comedy: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    Actor – Drama: Chadwick Boseman
    Actress – Drama: Carey Mulligan
    Actor – Musical or Comedy: Sacha Baron Cohen
    Actress – Musical or Comedy: Maria Bakalova
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Supporting Actress: Glenn Close
    Director: Chloé Zhao
    Screenplay: The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Original Score: Mank
    Original Song: “Speak Now” from One Night in Miami
    Animated Feature: Soul
    Foreign Language Film: Minari

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I feel like with every news story what the best prediction for what the globes will go for is what a crusty out of touch person would vote for. I’m expecting a huge night for the trial of the Chicago 7, complete with a Sacha baron Cohen win and a director win.

Predicting so many Globes for Trial doesn’t seem right either. They won’t give it Drama, Screenplay, Director and Supporting Actor no matter how much they love Sorkin.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So, I’ve switched to Promising Young Woman in drama picture. They’re prob rewarding Netflix twice for series on the TV side and will give it a whole bunch of acting awards too. PYW has everything it needs, including a freakin’ director nomination, and is the hot, buzzy thing they might want to anoint as a big Oscar player.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Predicting so many Globes for Trial doesn’t seem right either. They won’t give it Drama, Screenplay, Director and Supporting Actor no matter how much they love Sorkin.

Exactly, I can see Trial taking Picture Drama and Screenplay which I’m currently predicting. If Promising Young Woman upsets in Screenplay I will be delighted. I just don’t think they will deny Zhao in Director since her film has so much passion and this is the best place to reward Nomadland. Plus, they nominated three women directors so it just makes sense they will give it to a woman. I’m predicting Kaluuya to win Supporting Actor because Sacha will most likely win Actor Musical or Comedy and the Globes are known for spreading the wealth.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Final predictions

Motion Picture Drama: The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Motion Picture Musical or Comedy: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    Actor – Drama: Chadwick Boseman
    Actress – Drama: Carey Mulligan
    Actor – Musical or Comedy: Sacha Baron Cohen
    Actress – Musical or Comedy: Maria Bakalova
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Supporting Actress: Glenn Close
    Director: Chloé Zhao
    Screenplay: The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Original Score: Mank
    Original Song: “Speak Now” from One Night in Miami
    Animated Feature: Soul
    Foreign Language Film: Minari

I have exactly the same winners except for Soul in Score.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

So, I’ve switched to Promising Young Woman in drama picture. They’re prob rewarding Netflix twice for series on the TV side and will give it a whole bunch of acting awards too. PYW has everything it needs, including a freakin’ director nomination, and is the hot, buzzy thing they might want to anoint as a big Oscar player.

I was tempted to predict Promising Young Woman as well but I’ll play it safe by going with Chicago 7. If Promising Young Woman wins it will be an amazing surprise though. Also, if PYM wins any of Picture Drama, Director, and/or Screenplay it will boost its Oscar chances by a lot and I would dare to say it would become a top 3 contender for Best Picture.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I have exactly the same winners except for Soul in Score.

Wow! That’s awesome. I was so unsure when predicting Score because I also think Soul could win. However, the Golden Globes are known for their taste for movies about Hollywood and since I don’t see Mank winning in any other category I’d figure this would be the best place to reward the film.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Yesterday the globes had a statement about looking to bring in african american members. that is not something a serious organization would have to do daysbefore a ceremony. I really do not think they will have the influence they used to have in the prior years.

Cheers?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yay I don’t know why I am excited about us both being on the right page on this! Well it could be the wrong page like with Clooney in Director because we might be both wrong haha but where’s the fun if you don’t take risks!

Not only are they awarding Netflix twice on the TV side with The Crown and The Queen’s Gambit but Promising Young Woman is from a distributor that the HFPA has a relationship with and it is the film this year that we’re hearing murmurs of being the one the HFPA “likes”.

I also keep thinking back to what Riley said about the HFPA rarely rejecting a category placement of a film and then showering it with nominations and how one of the last films to do so was American Hustle (which was moved from drama to comedy by the HFPA and went on to win 3 Golden Globes). So that makes me feel that they moved Promising Young Woman because they wanted to award Bakalova and Mulligan or they wanted to award whatever they want to anoint in Comedy as well as Promising Young Woman.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Nomadland takes BP Drama as I’m predicting, many pundits will be surprised.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Goldderby will once again fail with Trial as a frontrunner. I have both PYW and Nomadland ahead.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Nominee Reactions’ is closed to new replies.