Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 515 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Damn are you still at it? Nearly all the critics said Kristen Stewart was the best thing in the movie. If you want I’ll show you the quotes 🙄

I refuse to engage in a thoughtless discussion with someone who is blinding themselves with love for a performer if they think their performance of an iconic character is not going to be compared to a performance of the same character in the Emmy drama series frontrunner. A performance that has been described as the first definitive performance of that character.

I mean it’s like saying if Emily Blunt decided to play Edith Piaf that no one will make a comparison between her and Cotillard because Blunt is more famous than Cotillard. It’s ridiculous.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You know whilst I’m not predicting this to happen and it will be severe category fraud it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Focus submits Bo Burnham as lead for Promising Young Woman. That category is empty and he has the biggest non-Mulligan role in the film but also does Focus have anyone else to push there?

It would be category fraud but he was doing all the press with Mulligan an Fennell at Sundance so they might argue he’s the “male lead of the film”. Ridiculous I know but implausible no.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We would love to see a Bo nom.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

So there’s been a lot of questionable category placements before…

Uh… I wouldn’t complain if Mank campaigns for comedy. Lol. It’s more dramatic of course but there’s enough comedic elements for one to argue otherwise.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We would love to see a Bo nom.

He isn’t in my personal awards lineup and whilst everyone in that film are a group of cheerleaders supporting Mulligan I was shocked that he actually could act. It’s not a flashy performance (well it’s definitely not one in comparison to Mulligan’s) but he was great.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Uh… I wouldn’t complain if Mank campaigns for comedy.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

You know whats interesting, The TV and Movie comedy categories are almost the same. Comedy actress has lots of good contenders while its a struggle to fill comedy actor.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Rosamund Pike is officially in contention for I Care A Lot. 

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rosamund Pike is officially in contention for I Care A Lot.

Hmm. Everyone knows how I’ve been very confident about Mulligan winning but we should watch out for Pike upsetting.

The HFPA love to award actors who they think have their “only chance” at gold like Huppert, Close, Phoenix etc and this is Pike’s last film role for a while (she’s moving to television).

Then again they did award Oldman over Day-Lewis and he was literally retiring from acting whilst Pike is just moving to television.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I assume Chris is just waiting for confirmation on releases before adding them to the prediction center (btw, thanks Chris!), but if you can get any confirmation for the Globes for:

• The Duke
    • Hamilton
    • Breaking News in Yuba County
    • I Care a Lot
    • The Mauritanian
    • Promising Young Woman

I know we bug you a lot, but thanks a lot!

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman

Confirmation? For?

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Confirmation? For?

I’m pretty sure it will go to Comedy but the Globes have done weird things in the past, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it is moved to Drama.

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jo Ellen Perlman = Roman Griffin Davis of this year

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Jo Ellen Perlman = Roman Griffin Davis of this year

They’re in very different boats. The only similarity they’ll share is being nominated for the Comedy Globe.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

I took out the prom and happiest season for Everyones talking about jamie and let them all talk. I got them at 1001 odds. its risky but it might work out. Im confident in the other 3 I have (promising young woman, Borat 2, On the rocks).

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)’ is closed to new replies.