Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

With all seriousness whilst I think The Prom has had its chances dramatically improved after the release of that trailer I do think both Comedy/Musical film and Comedy/Musical actress are between it and Promising Young Woman. The Globes tend to go for the film or performance in these categories that are the most likely to land at the Oscars (see them going for Amy Adams for Big Eyes in 2015 in a weak field). It just depends on what happens when both films are released. The Globes love Ryan Murphy and Netflix but they also love Focus Features a lot too (see them nominating Charlize Theron and Lucas Hedges) and they also love Killing Eve and The Crown which helps Promising Young Woman considering it’s written and directed by one of the executive producers of Killing Eve and an actor from The Crown. What’s kind of funny is how both these films are being released at the same time so it really is a head to head battle. Let the fight commence!

Borat is in it to win it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Borat is in it to win it.

Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical too? Wow I knew SBC was taking part in category fraud with The Trial of the Chicago 7 but that’s nothing compared to reading himself in the Actress category LMAO!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Could Jo Ellen Pellman be added to the predictions center please?
    Considering how barren the category is this year, I would not be surprised at all to see her and Streep nominated in lead for THE PROM.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Could Jo Ellen Pellman be added to the predictions center please? Considering how barren the category is this year, I would not be surprised at all to see her and Streep nominated in lead for THE PROM.

Yeah, and she’s the true main character of the story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Drusilla
    Topics:

Where does this confidence in “Promising Young Woman” come from ? I must have missed something. I mean, sure the film got good reviews but nothing exceptional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Where does this confidence in “Promising Young Woman” come from ? I must have missed something. I mean, sure the film got good reviews but nothing exceptional.

Yeah, but the other contenders aren’t exactly prestige players.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just taken out Ellen Burstyn for Kidman. Burstyn is likelier to happen at the Oscars but if The Prom ends up having a higher than 40 MC score I can’t imagine Kidman missing for a Ryan Murphy movie.

In fact (and I know this is unlikely) if it has a higher than 60 score then The Prom is probably winning Comedy/Musical film in a landslide.

I think it’s because Carey Mulligan has gotten career best reviews, the script has gotten a tonne of acclaim and depending on the result of the US election it could be incredibly topical. Mulligan was being discussed in the top 10 for the Oscars when her film was released at Sundance and with the competition thinning out and the comedy fields being barren of the usual prestige “Oscar” players that this film’s chances have improved as it’s the most Oscary right now out of all the films competing in the Comedy/Musical categories.

Sure it has a Metacritic score of 74 with 14 reviews (13 positive, 1 mixed) but it also has a 92% Rotten Tomatoes score with 48 reviews (44 fresh, 4 rotten) so I’d say it has better chances than some films on the Comedy side this year than it would have in other years. It’s also the main push from Focus who the Globes love to nominate in the Actress categories when they have multiple actress contenders (this year they have two – Mulligan and Wood).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Just taken out Ellen Burstyn for Kidman. Burstyn is likelier to happen at the Oscars but if The Prom ends up having a higher than 40 MC score I can’t imagine Kidman missing for a Ryan Murphy movie.

If you watch the musical you’ll know that’s not gonna happen. Unless Ryan extends her role like 1000x times more. It’s to small for a nomination and its not a good small role like Viola Davis in Doubt.

The chaotic editing from Moulin Rouge!

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

If you watch the musical you’ll know that’s not gonna happen. Unless Ryan extends her role like 1000x times more. It’s to small for a nomination and its not a good small role like Viola Davis in Doubt.

Based on the trailer it looks like her role is extended

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Kidman looked very present in the trailer… but she also was in Bombshell’s. Still I’m predicting her for both GG and SAG right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Based on the trailer it looks like her role is extended

I don’t think they expanded the part. I think they’re just using a lot of her footage to make it seem like her role is bigger than it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kidman looked very present in the trailer… but she also was in Bombshell’s. Still I’m predicting her for both GG and SAG right now.

This is how I’m feeling. She’s getting a Globe nom regardless but imo I’m a bit iffy on whether she gets in for this. Then again I think the HFPA will love The Prom more than they did Bombshell.

I think she’s easily in at SAG. She seems like the perfect big star from a crowd pleaser they’d go for (one who doesn’t get nominated at the Oscars), I think The Prom will hit well with SAG’s populist membership and they nominated Kidman last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Borat will win Actor and Picture. A Supporting Actress nomination for Maria Bakalova would be totally deserved, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I don’t think they expanded the part. I think they’re just using a lot of her footage to make it seem like her role is bigger than it is.

Absolutely. Especially because all of her scenes in the trailer are also in the musical.

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.