Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Apart from the fact Kristen Wiig plays a crazy housewife and Jamie Dornan takes his shirt off the trailer literally said nothing about the movie lmao.

Which I think is good. I hate how in some trailers they spoil the whole movie.

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-Jung

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Apparently, Camilia cambaio’s cinderella comes out Febuary 5th. I dont know about actress but she could sneak into best song

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Apparently, Camilia cambaio’s cinderella comes out Febuary 5th. I dont know about actress but she could sneak into best song

How many Cinderella movies are coming out? First Camila Cabello’s and now Camilia Cambaio’s. They are in lack of new ideas.

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-Jung

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Clearly I dont know how to spell. Anyway, I finally have my comedy predictions finailzed. Thank you kristen wig

Best actor musical or comedy

Sasha baron cohen (borat subsequent movie film)
    Mads milkkenson (another round)
    Lin manuel miranda (hamilton)
    Leslie odum jr (hamilton)
    Andy samberg (palm springs)

Best actress musical or comedy

Maria bakalova (borat subsequent movie film)
    Rachel mcadams (eurovision)
    Michelle phiffer (french exit)
    Meryl streep (the prom)
    Kristen wigg (Barb and star go to vista de marr)

Best picture musical or comedy

Barb and star go to vista del marr
    Borat subsequent movie film
    Eurovision
    Hamilton
    The prom

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

PICTURE
    Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar (Lionsgate)
    Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm (Amazon)
    Hamilton (Disney+)
    On the Rocks (Apple TV+)
    The Prom (Netflix)

ACTOR
    Sacha Baron Cohen – Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm
    Mads Mikkelsen – Another Round
    Lin-Manuel Miranda – Hamilton
    Leslie Odom Jr. – Hamilton
    Dev Patel – The Personal History of David Copperfield

ACTRESS
    Maria Bakalova – Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm
    Emily Blunt – Wild Mountain Thyme
    Rashida Jones – On the Rocks
    Meryl Streep – The Prom
    Kristen Wiig – Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The HFPA is proud to name Satchel and Jackson Lee, the children of legendary filmmaker Spike Lee and producer Tonya Lee as this year’s @GoldenGlobes Ambassadors. They will assist with this year’s Awards Ceremony on Feb 28!

null
    @GoldenGlobes

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Well it was going to happen anyways, but now it’s confirmed Spike Lee is getting nominated in Director.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

And quit possibly Motion Picture and Boseman as well.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

yeah, Spike is definitely getting nominated.

Can we add Barb and Star to the prediction centre?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Picture – Drama

The credit for this predictions format goes to @forwardswill !

1. Nomadland (Searchlight) – The frontrunner.

2. The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Netflix) – Also no way this misses a nomination. It’s a political and topical film written by HFPA darling Aaron Sorkin. Might even win considering how its the anniversary of the Chicago riots next month and what’s been going on in the US right now.

———————————————————————————————

3. Promising Young Woman (Focus Features) – The buzz for this film just keeps rising and rising and this is the film this year that is rumoured to be the annual “one that’s going down really well with the HFPA”. I think it’s in but obviously nothing is guaranteed. Could very well upset for the win. It also would fit the (probably accidental) trend of <i>Three Billboards</i>, 1917 and Bohemian Rhapsody as being a British focused, British produced or film with significant British creative input that upsets and wins Picture here and becomes the frontrunner all season long but loses the Oscar.

4. The Father (Sony Pictures Classics) – I know it has been under-performing with critics awards but I logged onto Twitter today and found out that the HFPA and SAG have received screener DVDs and booklets for the film. It has been screening at BAFTA for months. But the real reason I think it’s a potential sleeper for the win and safe-ish for the nomination is its a British acting play starring Anthony Hopkins and HFPA darling Olivia Colman. We saw how they took to The Two Popes. It also fits a similar trend to a win that <i>Promising Young Woman </i>also fits.

5. Da 5 Bloods (Netflix) – I honestly feel confident about this one making it in too. Not only with the news of Lee’s daughters but also I keep falling back on this one. It’s one of the most acclaimed films of the year, was an early frontrunner to WIN Actor, Picture and Director, highly topical and poignant and only becoming more so and has some added symbolism following Boseman’s death. Although nothing is certain with the HFPA.

6. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix) – I had this in for a while but I am starting only to see nominations (at the Globes) for Boseman and Davis.

7. Malcolm and Marie (Netflix) – This one is a fascinating one and really depends on its reviews. To me it smells like HFPA bait. It’s a film about the romantic relationship of a director and an actor, is led by two of the biggest stars of 2020, has the novelty of being a lockdown shot film and is directed by a director who is gaining more and more respect and prestige. It depends on the reviews and buzz.

8. Mank (Netflix) – The film has underwhelmed in buzz and in acclaim. Critics groups have nominated it in some categories but have snubbed the film in Picture. Many have made the comparison between this and <i>First Man </i>but I think a more apt comparison (awards wise) is <i>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo</i>. Both divisive films, both considered to be big players but due to the sheer craft of the film, the films have a lot of respect but no prestige and they have a buzzy standout performance (in this case Seyfried).

9. Sound of Metal (Amazon) – The HFPA love Amazon and this has a timely and topical story. However I just don’t see it popping up in Picture anywhere apart from BAFTA. Ahmed and Raci will get nominated though and Cooke wouldn’t be so surprising as a nominee considering she’s the rising ingenue the HFPA love to nominated

10. Judas and the Black Messiah (Warner Bros.) – I think Kaluuya will be win competitive and that the film will do well at the Oscars but I think it misses out here but pops up as a 6 to 8 contender.

——————————————————————————————–

11. One Night in Miami (Amazon) – I am SO looking forward to this and I love Regina King but this smells like an <i>A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood</i>/If Beale Street Could Talk type contender in which it has a lot of hype and buzz but it never really arrives as a proper contender. I expect it will get similar nominations at the Oscars as the latter. It appears it also is now Amazon’s second priority considering how it is coming out on Friday and they’re barely doing much to push it.

12. The Mauritanian (STX) – I don’t have much confidence in this as a contender but it feels like the starry drama that comes in late and the HFPA go gaga for. I anticipate Tahar Rahim and Jodie Foster will get nominated so I have it as a long shot.

13. Pieces of a Woman (Netflix) – Another long shot. I don’t think it really will get nominated but Kirby will get nominated (and maybe Burstyn too) and it seems to be a commercial and audience hit. Again it is an acting play (something the HFPA like).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Picture – Drama

The credit for this predictions format goes to @forwardswill !

1. Nomadland (Searchlight) – The frontrunner.

2. The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Netflix) – Also no way this misses a nomination. It’s a political and topical film written by HFPA darling Aaron Sorkin. Might even win considering how its the anniversary of the Chicago riots next month and what’s been going on in the US right now.

3. Promising Young Woman (Focus Features) – The buzz for this film just keeps rising and rising and this is the film this year that is rumoured to be the annual “one that’s going down really well with the HFPA”. I think it’s in but obviously nothing is guaranteed. Could very well upset for the win. It also would fit the (probably accidental) trend of <i>Three Billboards</i>, 1917 and Bohemian Rhapsody as being a British focused, British produced or film with significant British creative input that upsets and wins Picture here and becomes the frontrunner all season long but loses the Oscar.

4. The Father (Sony Pictures Classics) – I know it has been under-performing with critics awards but I logged onto Twitter today and found out that the HFPA and SAG have received screener DVDs and booklets for the film. It has been screening at BAFTA for months. But the real reason I think it’s a potential sleeper for the win and safe-ish for the nomination is its a British acting play starring Anthony Hopkins and HFPA darling Olivia Colman. We saw how they took to The Two Popes. It also fits a similar trend to a win that <i>Promising Young Woman </i>also fits.

5. Da 5 Bloods (Netflix) – I honestly feel confident about this one making it in too. Not only with the news of Lee’s daughters but also I keep falling back on this one. It’s one of the most acclaimed films of the year, was an early frontrunner to WIN Actor, Picture and Director, highly topical and poignant and only becoming more so and has some added symbolism following Boseman’s death. Although nothing is certain with the HFPA.

6. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix) – I had this in for a while but I am starting only to see nominations (at the Globes) for Boseman and Davis.

7. Malcolm and Marie (Netflix) – This one is a fascinating one and really depends on its reviews. To me it smells like HFPA bait. It’s a film about the romantic relationship of a director and an actor, is led by two of the biggest stars of 2020, has the novelty of being a lockdown shot film and is directed by a director who is gaining more and more respect and prestige. It depends on the reviews and buzz.

8. Mank (Netflix) – The film has underwhelmed in buzz and in acclaim. Critics groups have nominated it in some categories but have snubbed the film in Picture. Many have made the comparison between this and <i>First Man </i>but I think a more apt comparison (awards wise) is <i>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo</i>. Both divisive films, both considered to be big players but due to the sheer craft of the film, the films have a lot of respect but no prestige and they have a buzzy standout performance (in this case Seyfried).

9. Sound of Metal (Amazon) – The HFPA love Amazon and this has a timely and topical story. However I just don’t see it popping up in Picture anywhere apart from BAFTA. Ahmed and Raci will get nominated though and Cooke wouldn’t be so surprising as a nominee considering she’s the rising ingenue the HFPA love to nominated

10. Judas and the Black Messiah (Warner Bros.) – I think Kaluuya will be win competitive and that the film will do well at the Oscars but I think it misses out here but pops up as a 6 to 8 contender.

——————————————————————————————–

11. One Night in Miami (Amazon) – I am SO looking forward to this and I love Regina King but this smells like an <i>A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood</i>/If Beale Street Could Talk type contender in which it has a lot of hype and buzz but it never really arrives as a proper contender. I expect it will get similar nominations at the Oscars as the latter. It appears it also is now Amazon’s second priority considering how it is coming out on Friday and they’re barely doing much to push it.

12. The Mauritanian (STX) – I don’t have much confidence in this as a contender but it feels like the starry drama that comes in late and the HFPA go gaga for. I anticipate Tahar Rahim and Jodie Foster will get nominated so I have it as a long shot.

13. Pieces of a Woman (Netflix) – Another long shot. I don’t think it really will get nominated but Kirby will get nominated (and maybe Burstyn too) and it seems to be a commercial and audience hit. Again it is an acting play (something the HFPA like).

i may not like you at all and think you’re tasteless for liking meh rainey but i appreciate your evident intellect and the effort you put into your predictions

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Im debating on slotting in Judas and the black messiah into picture

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The Father is definitely not happening in Best Drama Film with this messy campaign from Sony. I think it’s gonna have the same fate as Little Women (another Sony film) last year. The HFPA will only nominate Hopkins and Colman (I’m not totally sure about her though), but it’ll still happen in Picture and Screenplay at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Father is definitely not happening in Best Drama Film with this messy campaign from Sony. I think it’s gonna have the same fate as Little Women (another Sony film) last year. The HFPA will only nominate Hopkins and Colman (I’m not totally sure about her though), but it’ll still happen in Picture and Screenplay at the Oscars.

I think you’re probably right. I never had The Father in Drama film anyways, but I just took Florian Zeller out of Director because of SPC’s botched campaign.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Little Woman was a late release so it’s absences were excusable. We’ve been talking about the father for what feels like a half a century. Maybe people dont like it as much as film twitter?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.