Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
25 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
OneAndOnly
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Neither The Irishman or Marriage Story were challenging films.

The Irishman is challenging indeed and certainly way more than some 1917.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Doubtful that there will be an in-person ceremony but if there was, you the HFPA would love the press they would get if they give the core four women cast members of The Crown an individual prize on the night (Fennell & Colman win for their films, while Corrin & Anderson win for The Crown).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst I agree they could do that I wouldn’t exactly call Fennell a core cast member.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

5. Tahar Rahim – This is a wild card passion prediction. I largely have @9 Riley to credit for this thinking but I think Jodie Foster will get in for S. Actress and considering how open that final slot is up in the air I think he could sneak in and get it as the lead (and according to some the MVP) of the film. He’s a European actor who has been rising on both sides of the Atlantic for almost a decade now. He’s BAFTA nominated and what helps him is he has quite wide visibility. He was in The Eddy this year and he’s in the upcoming Netflix show The Serpent which we know some HFPA members have seen.

The Mauritanian reviews (official reviews, not initial reactions) are pretty mixed so far. Given he’s a mostly unknown name, I can’t see how this prediction is gonna happen. A wild card indeed. I don’t even think Foster is safe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

PICTURE – DRAMA:
    Nomadland

PICTURE – COMEDY/MUSICAL:
    Hamilton

DIRECTOR:
    Chloe Zhao

ACTOR – DRAMA:
    Chadwick Boseman

ACTRESS – DRAMA:
    Zendaya

ACTOR – COMEDY/MUSICAL:
    Sacha Baron Cohen

ACTRESS – COMEDY/MUSICAL:
    Maria Bakalova

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Amanda Seyfried

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Daniel Kaluuya

SCREENPLAY:
    The Trial of the Chicago 7

ANIMATED FEATURE:
    Soul

ORIGINAL SONG:
    Speak Now

ORIGINAL SCORE:
    Mank

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing is if they are going for Nomadland<i> </i>for Drama Picture then why wouldn’t McDormand win? Since 2002 it generally has been that whenever the lead of a film that has won Drama Picture has been nominated (apart from a few times like when Affleck, Hoffman and McConaughey won when they were undeniable) they have won. No performer in Drama Actress seems to have an undeniable narrative so if they’re awarding Nomadland the Picture and Director awards why won’t they award it Actress as well?

For example if they gave The Father the Drama Picture award it would make sense if Hopkins lost to Boseman because Boseman has an undeniable narrative but no one in Drama Actress seems to have an undeniable narrative to beat McDormand if Nomadland reigns supreme.

I think if:

Nomadland wins = McDormand wins
    Chicago 7 wins = One of Davis/Kirby/Mulligan/Zendaya win
    Promising Young Woman wins = Mulligan wins
    The Father wins = Olivia Colman wins One of Davis/Kirby/Mulligan/Zendaya win

I do think Chicago 7 can lose S. Actor and win Drama Picture but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Globes threw a curveball and gave the award to Baron Cohen whilst Kaluuya wins everything else. Although at the moment I don’t think the HFPA will nominate Sacha Baron Cohen for The Trial of the Chicago 7 (like how they snubbed Scarlett Johansson for Jojo Rabbit last year when they nominated her for Marriage Story).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I Care a Lot – starring Rosamund Pike.

Pike is DEFINITELY a contender for this.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maria Bakalova: The Golden Globe she is mine!

Rosamund Pike:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This might sound stupid, but I think Zhao is more the “star” of Nomadland than McDormand is. When people talk about Nomadland they’re talking about Zhao.

Also, McDormand JUST won in the same category. We’ve seen that the Globes don’t really care too much about repeat wins, but usually in Comedy, when the performance is undeniable, or when there really aren’t any strong alternatives. Sure, there isn’t anyone undeniable in Drama Actress, but almost all of the other likely nominees are stronger alternatives to McDormand.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Nah, Bakalova’s support is way too strong. She got this.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, McDormand JUST won in the same category. We’ve seen that the Globes don’t really care too much about repeat wins

I agree McDormand’s win is quite recent but it wouldn’t exactly be a repeat win when two people have won in between the time of her last win and nomination.

Nah, Bakalova’s support is way too strong. She got this.

Is it though? I am predicting her to win but if Pike is strong I won’t be surprised if she took it. Or dare I say Le Streep…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Is it though? I am predicting her to win but if Pike is strong I won’t be surprised if she took it. Or dare I say Le Streep…

If I’m not mistaken I Care a Lot did the festival season and nobody cared about it then. Meryl definitely could win but I really hope not cause that would mean another lazy Oscar nomination zzzzz

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

I can see the three new comedic performances (Pike, Janney, Wiig) Join bakalova and streep in comedy actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I Care a Lot

Amy Dunne looks so f*cking good in this. It’ll be such a tease if she wins C/M Globe but is not nominated for an Oscar. She looks worthy of a win for this, but alas…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Why is Rosamund Pike still not added for I Care A Lot in the prediction center?

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.