Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Get Out failed to be nominated for Best Screenplay at the Globes and ended up winning the Oscar… We’ll have to keep an eye on PYW.

Ye of course. If it gets snubbed PYW could still very well go onto win the Screenplay Oscar. Last year Jojo Rabbit also got snubbed at the Globes.

My point more was that it’s rare for the HFPA to only nominate one original screenplay.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Russell90
    Topics:

When are they announcing the virtual ceremony /delay for this?

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

When are they announcing the virtual ceremony /delay for this?

My guess is not until after the nominations. I think they will do hybred like the emmys did

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Screenplay

4. The Father – I actually think this one has the right ingredients for a win. It’s got the acclaimed British acting play aspect that both Notes on a Scandal and The Two Popes had. It’s also one fo the buzziest contenders in this category. I think it could even win here.

I really think The Father won’t be nominated for Screenplay. It’s definitely not in 4th place. The HFPA snubbed CMBYN (another SPC film), even when it had three nominations and was the undeniable Oscar frontrunner in Adapted.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

My guess is not until after the nominations. I think they will do hybred like the emmys did

I think they’ll place each table in a different set and test everyone.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think they’ll place each table in a different set and test everyone.

I think they might have a combination of video link and in person elements. There will be some nominees (they will only invite nominees imo) in person whilst some on video link because it is impossible to travel for some of the potential nominees (Gary Oldman, Sophia Loren, Carey Mulligan, Olivia Colman, Vanessa Kirby, Emerald Fennell etc).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Man, i’m dreading a Clooney nomination in Directing here, the Globes are such starfuckers..

I was predicting it for a little while but they’ve only ever nominated his acclaimed films and The Midnight Sky (sadly) got pretty negative reviews. I doubt they’ll nominate him this time.

I actually have Sam Levinson as the surprise 5th Director nominee we sometimes get. Malcolm and Marie has acclaimed direction and seems likely to overperform with the Globes. I’m not sure it gets into Picture but I do see it getting into here.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Heres my video about my golden globe predictions and I try to explain my craziness in comedy actress and picture

https://youtu.be/xVnxUqFR2m0

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Heres my video about my golden globe predictions and I try to explain my craziness in comedy actress and picture https://youtu.be/xVnxUqFR2m0

Wait, are you predicting what happened in your dream?

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Wait, are you predicting what happened in your dream?

No im not

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

I can’t wait until the Globe nominations are revealed!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I can’t wait until the Globe nominations are revealed!

me too. i am going with the consensus for the most part so I hope I am wrong.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Globe specific ad for Never Rarely Sometimes Always. Wonder if Sydney really can pull off a nomination here.

NRSA

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

The prediction centre has all 4 men of One Night In Miami in supporting, is this official?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes (but only for the Globes). The HFPA often reassign category frauds contenders when they share a different opinion of category placement to the distributor (see Alicia Vikander going lead for The Danish Girl).

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.