Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Yes (but only for the Globes). The HFPA often reassign category frauds contenders when they share a different opinion of category placement to the distributor (see Alicia Vikander going lead for The Danish Girl).

Interesting! I’m definitely putting Ben-Adir as a contender.

I always found it weird how HFPA nominated Bale in lead for The Big Short where his screentime was minimal to others.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know how far <i>The Mauritanian </i>or Foster will go and was tempted to drop her from my predictions here but honestly why wouldn’t the HFPA want to make headlines by nominating Jodie Foster AND Anthony Hopkins at the same ceremony? I feel quite confident she’s in here.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

Anyone know why Bill Burr isn’t in the predictions centre for the Golden Globes?

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I actually have Sam Levinson as the surprise 5th Director nominee we sometimes get. Malcolm and Marie has acclaimed direction and seems likely to overperform with the Globes. I’m not sure it gets into Picture but I do see it getting into here.

search

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

I don’t know how far <i>The Mauritanian </i>or Foster will go and was tempted to drop her from my predictions here but honestly why wouldn’t the HFPA want to make headlines by nominating Jodie Foster AND Anthony Hopkins at the same ceremony? I feel quite confident she’s in here.

Yes, they gave Golden Globe to Dicaprio and Winslet at the same night. So it makes sense they would nominate Jodie Foster. It is Jodie Foster we are talking about.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I feel like only one of One Night in Miami and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom is getting in to Drama Picture, but I don’t know which one. The former is more hopeful, while the latter is more bleak. The former is probably more cinematic than the latter, while the latter is probably more prestigious. However, ONIM has the celebrity director factor. I think I’m leaning more towards ONIM for the Globes but I think MRBB is ahead of it in Picture at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

I always found it weird how HFPA nominated Bale in lead for The Big Short where his screentime was minimal to others.

Supporting Actor category that year was insanely competitive (which says a lot about the support for him, being the only person besides Rylance to get SAG+BAFTA+Oscar nominations) and Comedy Actor category weak, so they just moved him there to not have to nominate some random performance nobody would care about.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I feel like only one of One Night in Miami and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom is getting in to Drama Picture, but I don’t know which one. The former is more hopeful, while the latter is more bleak. The former is probably more cinematic than the latter, while the latter is probably more prestigious. However, ONIM has the celebrity director factor. I think I’m leaning more towards ONIM for the Globes but I think MRBB is ahead of it in Picture at the Oscars.

One Night in Miami makes more sense but there’s also tea they loved Ma Rainey so…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

One Night in Miami makes more sense but there’s also tea they loved Ma Rainey so…

So far, the tea is that they pretty much liked every Drama contender. Seriously, I think we’ve had hot and good tea for basically every Drama player.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So far, the tea is that they pretty much liked every Drama contender. Seriously, I think we’ve had hot and good tea for basically every Drama player.

IKR, haha

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

True lmao

Profile picture
    Noe
    Topics:

Sylvie’s Love and Tessa Thompson should be so damn locked in the comedy or musical categories.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods for the Drama win.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Spicy meatball time, but to put in Da 5 Bloods and The Father, I put out Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (obvious) and… Mank. Yeah I’m predicting a Mank snub.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Any predictions for original song?

Currently have:

1. Speak Now, One Night in Miami
    2. lo si (Seen), The Life Ahead
    3. Husavik, Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga
    4. Wear Your Crown, The Prom
    5. Hear My Voice, The Trial of the Chicago 7

6. Rocket to the Moon, Over the Moon
    7. Identical, On the Rocks
    8. The Plan, Tenet
    9. (If Only You Could) Save Me, Mank
    10. The Other Side, Trolls: World Tour

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.