Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I mean sorry, Drama is an objectively correct placement for that movie lmao.

It’s literally a pure comedy up until exactly two scenes in the final act. Like, it’s not even a borderline case. Another Round is a comedy in every sense of the word.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

HFPA clearly has problems in understanding the concept of Dark Comedy.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

HFPA clearly has problems in understanding the concept of Dark Comedy.

I’m not even overstating when I say that there wasn’t a single scene (except for the obvious one) that went by without at least one moment of roaring laughter from the audience at my screening. The movie has an extended scene where four grown dead drunk men are stumbling through a shop, mostly unable to form a correct sentence. How anyone could think this qualifies more as a drama than a comedy is beyond me.

I wouldn’t be so angry about this if it wouldn’t literally destroy Mikkelsen’s last possible path to a well wearned Oscar nomination. This is just stupid.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Yeah, this sucks. Mikkelsen gave one of my three favorite performances in BA this year.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

They want to merge both categories (Drama and Comedy) into one so badly lol

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Another Round is in the right category. It’s not a comedy. But it’s such a shame that Mads now has little chances to be nominated.

I think Lin Manuel-Miranda will win this. SBC is probably going to win Supporting Actor already. The HFPA is that basic.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Golden Globe winner Dev Patel.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Golden Globe winner Dev Patel.

He is my pick for number 5 right now. But I don’t think he will win. I didn’t like the movie very much though, maybe I’m just not clever here.
    Well, and maybe the HFPA slots David Copperfield into Drama because there is one scene where someone is sad, we never know.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Time to make room for Globe #2

Samberg1

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1354526570069823496

Mikkelsen has been placed in Drama, not Comedy according to Mavity (who claimes to confirm this with Samuel Goldwyn).

Well there goes my dream of Mads making the Oscar lineup.

Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

Jesus Christ, can the nominations just come out already? I’m so pissed at all these changes and confusion haha.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Getting conflicting reports from credible sources about whether this was the studio or the Globes that decided this, so my anger is directed at… whomever it is that is actually responsible.

When it comes to these dramedies, everyone is going to put the line somewhere different. I personally put the line between Another Round (comedy) and Promising Young Woman (drama) and I consider Netflix’s upcoming I Care a Lot starring Rosamund Pike slightly even more of a drama than Promising Young Woman, so I am curious about an eleventh-hour report about the Hollywood Foreign Press rejecting its submission as a “dark comedy”.

I had been considering dropping Leslie Odom Jr. because of how the Globes have been shying away from multiple nominations, but it is obviously going to be harder to do that now. I have no idea about the win now. I have Sacha Baron Cohen again now, but it does not make sense to me to award him here when he is more Oscar-competitive for something else.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Jesus Christ, can the nominations just come out already? I’m so pissed at all these changes and confusion haha.

Delaying the Oscars is looking more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Getting conflicting reports from credible sources about whether this was the studio or the Globes that decided this, so my anger is directed at… whomever it is that is actually responsible.

It has been clarified that this was indeed the studio, which is worse!

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 Film Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.