Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2022 REACTIONS- Film as well as TV

Golden Globes 2022 REACTIONS- Film as well as TV

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 550 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
FreemanGriffin
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Golden Globes Underwhelm as Hollywood Anticipates the Real Influencers: The SAG Awards https://t.co/wnFCV5Ffiq pic.twitter.com/jH5Y991XoV

— IndieWire (@IndieWire) January 10, 2022

SAG will probably reward all of the GG winners

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Not CDAN 🙄

This typically deranged “website” writes its blinds either from existing Daily Mail stories or from the QAnon induction handbook. Or in this case, worded so as to potentially be about several of the nominees. None of the moronic comments (my eyes bleed) are saying Kidman anyway. In any case, is that act banned?

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay, Passing in Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The Golden Globes will have less of an effect because 1.) it was not televised and 2.) it was not trending on social media. The SAG and BAFTA will help give a better idea of who everyone is voting for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

speaking of online engagement, these stats were retweeted onto my timeline, to whom it may interest:

“Here are the top 10 people mentioned around the 2022 #GoldenGlobes on social media today:

1) #AndrewGarfield
    2) #MJRodriguez
    3) #OYeongSu
    4) #WillSmith
    5) #SarahSnook
    6) #JeremyStrong
    7) #NicoleKidman
    8) #JaneCampion
    9) #RachelZegler
    10) #KateWinslet
    #Goldenglobes2022
    pic.twitter.com/WxcbjSu3hC
    — NetBase Quid (@NetBaseQuid) January 10, 2022

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Not CDAN 🙄 This typically deranged “website” writes its blinds either from existing Daily Mail stories or from the QAnon induction handbook. Or in this case, worded so as to potentially be about several of the nominees. None of the moronic comments (my eyes bleed) are saying Kidman anyway. In any case, is that act banned?

Didn’t know about that site so noted. All I will conclude with is “watch this space”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

The Golden Globes will have less of an effect because 1.) it was not televised and 2.) it was not trending on social media. The SAG and BAFTA will help give a better idea of who everyone is voting for.

The real question is which award shows will survive Omicron. The Globes, despite all the attempts to cancel them, happened; the CCA didn’t. What if the horrible HFPA becomes the only precursor org Academy voters can rely on? That’s how we’re headed, with the Oscars set late enough to likely avoid an Omicron delay while so many precursors will be delayed or even canceled due to Omicron. SAG & BAFTA might have enough lead time to pull theirs off anyway, but I’m not sure about the others.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Hasn’t Critic’s Choice been postponed? Does anyone know when it has been postponed to? Even if it isn’t televised it would be nice to know who their winners are…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lgianakos
    Topics:

What the Golden Globes–even in their non-broadcast form make abundantly clear, is that the Best Picture race is really down to just two rivals–“West Side Story” and “The Power of the Dog.”

If, like millions more like me, one believes that “The Power of the Dog” is, absent the adoring art house critics crowd little more than a painfully tedious turgid mess (revealed by the much lower marks on the audience meta-score on Rotten Tomatoes as opposed to its exclusively critical meta-score), then–as many of us have ever believed–“West Side Story” will take the Best Picture prize by acclamation.

For the several thousand members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, no other film running this year has anywhere near the pedigree of master director Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story.”

Should it prevail, the acceptance speech would be truly one for the ages, as the most accomplished director/producer of the past fifty years in Mr. Spielberg would, with the living legend of Rita Moreno at his side (she is also an executive producer on the film), and an excitingly youthful cast of racially and culturally diverse players and a dazzling technical crew at the top of their forms, would collectively intone the immortal words of the recently passed greatest of all lyricists Stephen Sondheim, invoking our terribly polarized greater world to:

“find a way of forgiving,” and “find a new way of living.”

The approbation, all over the world, would be beyond supernova thrilling.

I honestly look to this “West Side Story” securing a minimum of eleven to thirteen nominations (three to four acting nods, with Ms. Moreno competing against Ms. DeBose for supporting actress, Ms. Zegler for best actress, and Mike Faist for supporting actor; besides best picture, director, adapted screenplay and all possible of the technical categories) superseding the eleven nominations of its already legendary 1961 film predecessor, and becoming, justifiably, the first re-make (or “re-imagining” as director Spielberg calls it) of a Best Picture to be titled likewise Best Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

What the Golden Globes–even in their non-broadcast form make abundantly clear, is that the Best Picture race is really down to just two rivals–“West Side Story” and “The Power of the Dog.”

If, like millions more like me, one believes that “The Power of the Dog” is, absent the adoring art house critics crowd little more than a painfully tedious turgid mess (revealed by the much lower marks on the audience meta-score on Rotten Tomatoes as opposed to its exclusively critical meta-score), then–as many of us have ever believed–“West Side Story” will take the Best Picture prize by acclamation.

For the several thousand members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, no other film running this year has anywhere near the pedigree of master director Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story.”

Should it prevail, the acceptance speech would be truly one for the ages, as the most accomplished director/producer of the past fifty years in Mr. Spielberg would, with the living legend of Rita Moreno at his side (she is also an executive producer on the film), and an excitingly youthful cast of racially and culturally diverse players and a dazzling technical crew at the top of their forms, would collectively intone the immortal words of the recently passed greatest of all lyricists Stephen Sondheim, invoking our terribly polarized greater world to:

“find a way of forgiving,” and “find a new way of living.”

The approbation, all over the world, would be beyond supernova thrilling.

I honestly look to this “West Side Story” securing a minimum of eleven to thirteen nominations (three to four acting nods, with Ms. Moreno competing against Ms. DeBose for supporting actress, Ms. Zegler for best actress, and Mike Faist for supporting actor; besides best picture, director, adapted screenplay and all possible of the technical categories) superseding the eleven nominations of its already legendary 1961 film predecessor, and becoming, justifiably, the first re-make (or “re-imagining” as director Spielberg calls it) of a Best Picture to be titled likewise Best Picture.

Hallelujah! I truly hope that the academy does the right thing and votes for West Side Story for Best Picture and Best Director! And YES, for the millionth time: it’s a RE-IMAGINING, not a “remake”.

Thank you for this post! It had made my day!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

The Globes have always been illustrative of the state of play though as much as they’ve affected it. Even if they don’t go on to change much this year, their wins are still very reflective of how they perceive the race.

. Prior to the scandal I’d agree. Now it’s as important as the kids choice awards at this point since everyone now knows the gg true colors…will admit I miss watching g and mocking the ceremony with the drunk stars though

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 550 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.