Home Forums Movies Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 627 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Philip
Stegeo
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

So Three Billboards is deemed a DRAMA at the Golden Globes?

She’s not beating her rivals there.

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Golden Globe winner Margot Robbie is happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Evergreen
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess The Shape of Water is winning Best Picture at Oscars. Ala The Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

If McDormand is the supposed front runner for best actress, u guys should have nothing to worry about lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

This is going drama? Then I think it’s only winning Screenplay. McDormands competition is tougher with in Drama and so is Three Billboards in Picture. But that means Get Out is winning Picture and Saorise has a better chance of winning that Globe.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Saorise has a better chance of winning that Globe.

You spelled Margot wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not inconceivable to think Robbie wins the Globe and yet winds up snubbed over at SAG.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Nicholson at the Oscars (2002) – About Schmidt

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

The Meyerowitz Stories is a comedy/drama. It’s a dramatic turn for someone like Sandler who usually does crap comedies. Still a comical performance. Not like a certain mystery/horror/thriller competing as a comedy.

Get Out is more a comedy than any film that has won that award since The Hangover.

But also as someone who has despised Adam Sandler to the degree where I hid my younger brother’s copy of Jack and Jill behind the walls in my parents house, it’s a beautiful dramatic performance. I hope he gets a few nominations and awards but comedy he does not need to be a part of. I could see him in drama though.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Developments, your honor! Wow! Frances is in trouble here. She is not about these games the HFPA does. It almost explains why she lost for Fargo and Olive Kitteridge (with all disrespect to the Material Girl and all due respect to Jake’s sister). And on a complete aside, can y’all not with the Sally Hawkins is Oscarless?! I mean she is and all, but you all pay her rando supporting actress nomination dust and it’s tired and boring! Anyways, I feel like Frances will have to play the game to keep her steam running. Good news for the two ingenues on the comedy/musical side and GREAT news for Get Out’s award’s run.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking that Get Out has a surprise nomination in a supporting category. I could see Keener getting it, but I’m leaning towards LilRel Howery, even though he’s not currently in the prediction center.

He’s the biggest reason why Get Out is even being considered a comedy and I think he could benefit from being the funniest actor in the film. Plus the Globes have been known to throw in a practically out of nowhere supporting nomination like Tom Cruise (Tropic Thunder) and Simon Helberg (Florence Foster Jenkins).

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway for Colossal would be such a solid choice if they nominated her.

Emma Watson would be cool too but that’s my inner stan.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

McDormand doesn’t need to win the Globe. A SAG victory would be more than sufficient heading into Oscar night. (If she loses there too, however, she’s done.)

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

McDormand doesn’t need to win the Globe. A SAG victory would be more than sufficient heading into Oscar night. (If, however, she loses there too, she’s done.)

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

With Allison Williams being pushed as a lead, that category is pretty set with her, last year’s winner, Saoirse, Margot, and Judi. Ingenues and a dame! The next in line would be Salma Hayek.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I hadn’t updated or even looked at my predictions for these awards in so long I still had Darkest Hour and even crazier Mother in my prediction for Best Drama Picture LOL!

Some other insane ones I had:

James Mcavoy “Split” (I replaced him with Robert Pattinson, who has far more buzz for “Good Time”)

Last Flag Flying in Comedy/Musical Picture (It doesn’t have the critical acclaim plus the only time the HFPA has ever cared for Linklater was with Boyhood. I obviously replaced it with the universally acclaimed Lady Bird.)

Matt Damon “Downsizing” (The movie has gotten kind of a polarizing reception, Hong Chau has been the only buzzed about performance, and Damon has gotten caught up badly in the Weinstein scandal with the revelations that he called on Weinstein’s behalf to get exposes on him axed. Yikes. I don’t think the Globes will nominate him at all this year even without the shilling-for-Weinstein crap. I replaced him with James Franco “The Disaster Artist” who the Globes love so much they actually nominated for “Pineapple Express” of all movies!)

Michelle Pfeiffer “Mother!” (*sigh* Okay, just to state the obvious, THIS IS NOT HAPPENING ANYWHERE, with the Globes, SAG, Critics Choice, NOT ANYWHERE. Sorry not sorry stans. Replaced her with Allison Janney for a movie and performance that actually did receive great reviews.)

Judi Dench “Murder On The Orient Express” (Dench’s name-check nod will come for Victoria and Abdul. I’ve heard there isn’t consensus as to who the clear standout of Murder is, so I replaced Dench in that category with Tatiana Maslany “Stronger,” who gave a really memorable and deeply emotional performance, even though she is down at 100/1 odds.)

Ben Mendelsohn “Darkest Hour” (Okay, so he is still in the Top 5 somehow. If you all think the HFPA will nominate Gary Oldman quit doing those drugs, they are making you crazy. They hate him and he has always hated them. He’s getting snubbed here, and it won’t do anything to hurt his Oscar chances in the slightest due to the personal nature of his snub. Oldman being the lead in Darkest Hour will surely taint the film overall with the Globes. I replaced Mendelsohn with Idris Elba “Molly’s Game” who is both an actor they like and starring someone they love, Jessica Chastain! Elba seems like a safe bet, although I wouldn’t be surprised if the Globes were the only major Oscar precursor that Sir Patrick Stewart gets a nod for his buzzed-about work in “Logan.”)

I’m still confidently predicting Jennifer Lawrence as being Mother’s only nomination. They love this woman so freaking much they gave her the wins for her forgettable work in Joy and even for being SSSOOOOO COMPLETELY MISCAST in American Hustle! They LOVE her to a total stan degree, and I would be shocked if the HFPA snubbed her even for a box office bomb like Mother!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 627 total)
Reply To: Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.