Home Forums Movies If Blade Runner 2049 had made a lot of money at the Box Office…

If Blade Runner 2049 had made a lot of money at the Box Office…

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Jackr123
Butz
  • Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

…do you think it would’ve gotten into Picture/Director/Screenplay/Acting?

Profile picture
    Jackr123
    Topics:

Not acting. The other three maybe

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I think it could have gotten adapted screenplay (would have bumped Logan). I don’t see any world where it could get acting or picture nominations as a sci-fi sequel when the first wasn’t nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I think it could have gotten adapted screenplay (would have bumped Logan). I don’t see any world where it could get acting or picture nominations as a sci-fi sequel when the first wasn’t nominated.

Fury Road got into Best Picture when the first three weren’t nominated. I still think there was enormous good will among those who had seen BR2049. It got what, five nominations? Winning Cinematography over three Picture nominees, one of them nominated by almost every single branch there is? Had more people seen it, BR2049 would almost definitely have been a contender for Phantom Thread’s or The Post’s Picture slot. Director is also possible; I like the movie but I still can’t fathom how anyone could think Lady Bird was better directed than BR2049. It could have taken Logan’s spot in Screenplay which was one of the coolest nominations of the last ten years, so that would be the downside to that, I think. Acting seems like a reach to me though; Gosling, de Armas and Wright were certainly good but I have never heard anyone singling out performances when talking about why BR2049 was great.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.