Home Forums Movies If The Dark Knight was released in 2010s, which Oscar nominations would it get ?

If The Dark Knight was released in 2010s, which Oscar nominations would it get ?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
I Am The Night
Teridax
Pulp
  • I Am The Night
    Participant
    Topics:

With all the talks about the possibility of Black Panther getting main nods and superheroes genre, I wonder how many main nods TDK can get in curent Oscar state ?</p>
    IMO, it will get BP, Best Adapted Screenplay in addition to 8 nods it got in 2009.

Joseph
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely Best Picture and possibly screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably just BP in addition to the ones it actually got. I don’t know if it would get screenplay, it didn’t make it then, and there’s still 5 slots, so it would depend on the year and how competitive adapted screenplay was.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

same + BP

ReplyCopy URL
    I Am The Night
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture is a lock I think.

Adapted Screenplay is extremely likely, since TDK is more about writing than directing IMO.

Best Director is a possibility, since Nolan was actually nominated for DGA in 2009

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

The Dark Night is so overrated. The one film that was snubbed the year it open was Wall E not TDK.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

The same 8 plus Best Picture.

What happened in the 2010s that will make it get a Screenplay nomination? Did they open an Adapted from a Comic Book category?

ReplyCopy URL
    DameAudrey
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, The Dark Knight was rightfully snubbed because it was an unclassy-boring superhero movie. Get over it.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Am The Night
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, The Dark Knight was rightfully snubbed because it was an unclassy-boring superhero movie. Get over it.

Everytime you answer a thread, you start with “Darling” and outrage everyone with your own opinion. You say it was unclassy-boring but the majority of critics think it’s Oscar-worthy. Get over it. Your opinion doesn’t define the film’s quality.

What a jerk.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Am The Night
    Participant
    Topics:

The same 8 plus Best Picture. What happened in the 2010s that will make it get a Screenplay nomination? Did they open an Adapted from a Comic Book category?

The strongest point of TDK IMO is the script. If Logan can get a nods for Screenplay then TDK would likely to get it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

The strongest point of TDK IMO is the script. If Logan can get a nods for Screenplay then TDK would likely to get it.

Most years Logan wouldn’t have been nominated, adapted screenplay was just really really weak this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

The Dark Night is so overrated. The one film that was snubbed the year it open was Wall E not TDK.

This times 100

Wall-E is such an underated gem from Pixar (ever thought I’d used “Underatted” and “Pixar”). After TS2 and Inside Out probably the Pixar has made.

Unpopular opinion – I genuinely believe that is Ledger hadn’t died, Dark Knight would’ve had just a tepid reception as Batman Begins. It move along so slowly and had serval unresolved plot issues.

IMO it’s the sixth best Batman film and the third best superhero film of 08’ after Hellboy II and Iron Man (the real blockbuster picture snub I believe)

ReplyCopy URL
    Donald Jose David Zepeda
    Participant
    Topics:

The only oscar nom in 09 that deserved a best picture nod was Man on Wire. And it also didn’t get that.

There are other movies that I liked even more from that award season’s films, but I understood why they weren’t nominated. The Dark Knight and Wall E were both ultimately mediocre or bad movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture easily. If people were crazy enough to think Wonder Woman would make it, if Deadpool got those guild nominations that made people take it seriously as a BP contender late in the game, Dark Knight would’ve been, again, an easy nominee.

It would’ve taken Logan’s spot this year. It probably would’ve gotten more votes than Disaster Artist and Molly’s Game too.

I don’t remember if the rest of the 2010s had a category so weak in adapted screenplay. Or at least one where only 1 screenplay had real passion behind it.

And then the other 8 (?) nominations it originally got.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s the greatest superhero movie of all time. That’s why it’s a snub, boo boo.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.