Home Forums Movies If “The Shawshank Redemption” was remade in the 2010s, who plays Andy Dufresne?

If “The Shawshank Redemption” was remade in the 2010s, who plays Andy Dufresne?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
CitizenBlake
Thatcher, Pri..
DaKardii
If “The Shawshank Redemption” was remade in the 2010s, who plays Andy Dufresne?
Casey Affleck
Ryan Gosling
Paul Dano
Adam Driver
Michael Keaton
  • Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

For me, part of the reason I love Tim Robbins’s performance is because of his fairly cold, reserved approach to the role. He carries a quiet exterior from which he slowly reveals his internalized shortcomings and eventual sympathy as a man through his actions. He shouldn’t be a likeable or extroverted person; the performance should be underplayed to a T. To me, Driver and Affleck in particular would be perfect for that. Keaton, Dano and Gosling could also be great fits for this role I think.

So what do you think? Who should play Andy in a 2010s Shawnshank from those listed (or those not listed)?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by CitizenBlake.
    Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Michael Keaton is the only of those ones who I can imagine doing the part.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

This question today is so freaking IRONIC, since knowing what we know now about Morgan Freeman, Red is the character who REEAAALLLY needs to be recast. I suggest Ken Watanabe, he’s always been an underrated talent and his wise demeanor could work great for the role.

Please don’t tell me even Freeman is problematic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

Thankfully, neither of us have to feel too guilty about liking Alan Arkin. He told his “Going In Style” co-star Freeman to quit it one time he was being a creep.

Arkin, while I’ve admittedly never been too big of a fan of his film work, seems like a nice guy. Ironically, he’d be a good fit for Red also.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

This question today is so freaking IRONIC, since knowing what we know now about Morgan Freeman, Red is the character who REEAAALLLY needs to be recast. I suggest Ken Watanabe, he’s always been an underrated talent and his wise demeanor could work great for the role.

It depends on which version you want to adapt.
    If you want to stay true to the book (where Red is a white Irishman), I’d say Harrison Ford. He was actually considered for Red for the original film before they decided to change him into an African American man.
    If you want to stay true to the original film, I’d say Denzel Washington. He’s basically Morgan Freeman Jr., and then some (I consider Denzel a better actor than Morgan).
    If you want to make him non-white AND non-African American… perhaps Ken Watanabe could work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

The change in race of the character from white to black is less radical than your Japanese idea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.