Home Forums Movies If they made a movie or miniseries about the 2016 election…

If they made a movie or miniseries about the 2016 election…

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
DaKardii
Diet Teridax
Foolio
  • DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

Three questions should be asked if Hollywood decides to produce anything about the 2016 election.

1) Should it be a movie or a miniseries?

2) Who should produce/direct?

3) Who should be cast?

Feel free to answer these questions below.

DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

Three questions should be asked if Hollywood decides to produce anything about the 2016 election. 1) Should it be a movie or a miniseries? 2) Who should produce/direct? 3) Who should be cast? Feel free to answer these questions below.

Personally, I think it should be a miniseries.

Personally, I have no idea who should produce or direct.

Personally, I believe the best casting for Trump and Clinton would be Nicolas Cage and Charlize Theron. Kyle Chandler would make a great Ted Cruz, however that would be whitewashing. Bruce Dern would also make a great Bernie Sanders.

ReplyCopy URL
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

I would case Hope Davis as Clinton. She seriously looks like her. But her acting is a bit…not nuanced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Delilah
    Participant
    Topics:

Zach Woods for Paul Ryan (poor Zach)

Brendan Gleeson for Steve Bannon

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Delilah.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Robert De Niro is my dream casting for Donald J. Trump. I think he could totally nail all his mannerisms and look with the help of orange makeup and make it into one his greatest performances ever.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Should it be a movie or a miniseries?

A movie, so the actors playing Clinton and Trump could win Oscars together.

2) Who should produce/direct?

Frank Capra, but if he’s unwilling to return from the grave, Ava DuVernay, the Coens or Alexander Payne.

3) Who should be cast?

Hillary Clinton: Diane Keaton
    Donald Trump: Jeff Bridges
    Michelle Obama: Regina King
    Barack Obama: Will Smith
    Kellyanne Conway: Laura Dern
    Bernie Sanders: Bruce Dern
    Steve Bannon: Russell Crowe

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

Had Philip Seymour Hoffman not died, he would’ve been the perfect Steve Bannon.

So, let’s go with my second choice. Jon Hamm.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

Had Philip Seymour Hoffman not died, he would’ve been the perfect Steve Bannon. So, let’s go with my second choice. Jon Hamm.

I can also picture Hamm playing Glenn Beck.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

Robert De Niro is my dream casting for Donald J. Trump. I think he could totally nail all his mannerisms and look with the help of orange makeup and make it into one his greatest performances ever.

No film about the 2016 election would be complete without bringing up the talk radio hosts who rooted for the candidates. If De Niro doesn’t play Trump, he needs to play Michael Savage.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Should it be a movie or a miniseries? A movie, so the actors playing Clinton and Trump could win Oscars together. 2) Who should produce/direct? Frank Capra, but if he’s unwilling to return from the grave, Ava DuVernay, the Coens or Alexander Payne. 3) Who should be cast? Hillary Clinton: Diane Keaton Donald Trump: Jeff Bridges Michelle Obama: Regina King Barack Obama: Will Smith Kellyanne Conway: Laura Dern Bernie Sanders: Bruce Dern Steve Bannon: Russell Crowe

Jeff Bridges would probably do a much better job playing Bannon then Trump. The way Bannon dresses? He gives me a Dude-like vibe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Close, Lange or Streep for Clinton
    DeNiro or Tatum as Trump
    Soderbergh directing

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve always felt Close would be good as Hillary. She could reuse her scene at the end of Dangerous Liasons when she clears off the table in rage and grief then dissolves in tears when she hears Malkovitch has died. I’m sure that is how Hillary spent election night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

No film about the 2016 election would be complete without bringing up the talk radio hosts who rooted for the candidates. If De Niro doesn’t play Trump, he needs to play Michael Savage.

I don’t think Michael Savage was relevant enough to include in a miniseries about the election. Sean Hannity and Alex Jones would be more important characters/caricatures to include, strictly speaking as far as impact in the 2016 Presidential election is concerned, especially the latter with his bullshit conspiracy theories.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Should it be a movie or a miniseries? A movie, so the actors playing Clinton and Trump could win Oscars together. 2) Who should produce/direct? Frank Capra, but if he’s unwilling to return from the grave, Ava DuVernay, the Coens or Alexander Payne. 3) Who should be cast? Hillary Clinton: Diane Keaton Donald Trump: Jeff Bridges Michelle Obama: Regina King Barack Obama: Will Smith Kellyanne Conway: Laura Dern Bernie Sanders: Bruce Dern Steve Bannon: Russell Crowe

Jeff Bridges would probably do a much better job playing Bannon then Trump. The way Bannon dresses? He gives me a Dude-like vibe.

I agree that Jeff Bridges looks and sounds more like Bannon than Trump, but I think he would be able to pull off an impressive transformation as Trump. Who would have thought at the first glance that Alec Baldwin would be so ridiculously good as him?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

My heart says “movie”, so the actors playing Clinton and Trump can win Oscars together, but my brain says “miniseries”, so we can fully explore the insanity of the election cycle.

Director would be Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya was darkly hilarious and humanly compelling), David Fincher (if they wanted to make it more of a thriller, Fincher would be a great choice), or Baz Luhrmann (I know it seems an odd pick, but Luhrmann is probably the best choice to really encapsulate the bugfuck craziness of 2016).

Trump Casting

• 1: Nicolas Cage
    • 2: John Goodman
    • 3: John Voight
    • 4: Will Ferrell

Clinton Casting

• 1: Glenn Close
    • 2: Jodie Foster
    • 3: Patti LuPone
    • 4: Jane Lynch
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.