Home Forums Movies In the Heights (2021)

In the Heights (2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 162 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
roger88
Diamond Tier

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

LLLhawks
    Topics:

I’m excited for this. I’m a sucker for huge musicals. Saw that the main guy was also in A star is born. Lol. What??? It’s been a while but i cant remember his face in that movie

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL

Actormogul
    Topics:

He played Ali (Lady Gaga’s) friend in the beginning of the film.

ReplyCopy URL

tom92
    Topics:

Finally a musical that isn’t afraid to show it is a musical during a trailer.

ReplyCopy URL

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Lin-Manuel Miranda has just confirmed that he has written an original song for the end credits of the upcoming film. Maybe he’ll have another shot of completing his EGOT next year.
    https://www.hypable.com/in-the-heights-movie-new-song-lin-manuel-miranda/

ReplyCopy URL

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Due to ongoing cases of the coronavirus, Warner Brothers has postponed the upcoming film indefinitely.
    https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Warner-Bros-Postpones-IN-THE-HEIGHTS-Film-Indefinitely-20200324

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

In the Heights has now set a new release date for June 18th, 2021.

‘In The Heights’ Dances Into Summer 2021

ReplyCopy URL

CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Looks like Lin will have to wait yet another year for his EGOT.

ReplyCopy URL

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Today’s the day In the Heights would’ve been released in movie theaters nationwide had it not been for the coronavirus pandemic. If it was released today, I think we probably would’ve gotten our first trailer to Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story given that they’re both big movie musicals featuring a number of Hispanic performers in their casts. While we do have to wait another year for In the Heights, we’ll at least be getting a live taping of Hamilton with the original Broadway cast on Disney+ one week from today.

ReplyCopy URL

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Topics:

Butz
    Topics:

I just recently watched Hamilton and thus had the urge to rewatch the trailer. Although I find some of the lines in there a bit cheesy, honestly, I think this could be incredible. The song featured in the trailer sounds absolutely fantastic (I always have to fight the urge to already listen to it but I prefer to first watch the musical and then listen to the songs) and the shot of the two dancers walking up the house wall and going over the edge of the roof gives me goosebumps. If this is what I expect it to be, I think it could be in contention to be a Best Picture nominee, maybe even win-competitive.

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL

Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

^I’m not so sure if it’ll end up going that far. While the original Broadway production did win the Tony for Best Musical and was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize, In the Heights hasn’t necessarily been considered to be a prestigious musical (especially in the mold of something like Les Misérables). Not to mention that this movie is currently scheduled to come out in June, and we’ve seen how hard it can be for films released earlier in the year to become big Oscar contenders (although it does help that the Academy is planning to give voters more time to catch all movies being released year-round as opposed to just the fall starting next year). Though I do think In the Heights could have potential to do well at the Golden Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.